20vt Sport cam timing?

royzal

Hi guys,just had my car back from a garage after the timing belt broke and now she has problems starting (takes two to five turns of the key to start) and suffered turbo lag until you get past 2000rpm? The garage are right monkeys where I took it after taking them 6 weeks to do the job and burning out 2 ecu's in the mean time amoungst other problems and they told me all 20 valves needed replacement (which seems utter rubbish to me as I was doing very little revs) Anyway as you may have guessed im not going to be taking it back there and there not getting payed for the job neather after all the work ive got to do to put my car back as it was including bonnet where they dented it big time!! So im wondering how to check my cam timing as it seems to me that the timing is out causing the turbo lag + the problems in starting her and also after reading the trouble codes stored that they failed to reset its coming up with PO341 Camshaft Position Sensor (A-Blank 1 CKT Range/Performance) and PO141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2) What do you guys think,the garage say they checked the timing 3 times but I wouldnt trust them after all the issues I have with the car anyhow? Any help would be great, Im ok with working on her myself as I was in the trade for 10 years (before you say why didnt you fix it then I was to busy and lack of tooling) Cheers Roy.

SeatR

Mar 17, 2008
Norway, Bergen
Damn. sounds like you should get some money back from these guys...

but can it be so simple that they havent got all inn right positions before they put on the timingbelt

have a look at all the marks at the flywheel and camshaftsprocket etc. see if they align.

royzal

Thanks buddy, the garege said they done that 3 times allready but best check myself.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.