2nd service tomorrow morning

pippo

Hi all,

My car is due in for its second year service tomorrow morning, I have a few problems and I was wondering if they are common and of course covered under warranty. The car is an ibiza 1.8t fr (2006 56 plate) with only 8,900 on the clock.

1) Rear disks are scoring and are rusty around the edges although not particularly worn, front seems fine. Noise now getting bad and pulling to left. I hope this isnt classed as wear and tear as its very low milage and front are fine, surely the front would wear first?

2) Knocking front suspension while turning over bumps ( i realise there was a large thread on this and I read that some people had different solutions for it, what should i ask for first? ARB bushes?)

3) Steering feels light one minute and then stiff the next, normally at speeds around 60+, took car to Kwick fit for free check, they said there was nothing obvious but slight play in the offside of steering rack. Could it be power steering or something?

4) Ticking noise from the air con, coming from inside the dash somewhere and speeds up when the fan speeds up.

Any help would be welcome, I will keep looking through the existing threads too.

Many thanks

Pippo

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
The brake disk thing is usual, generaly caused by not driving enough/using light brake pressure. It can generaly be solved by driving slowley for a few hundred meters with the handbrake on a couple of clicks.

tdi sport

Apr 13, 2008
i have the same problem with the aircon ticking been in it since i bought it 2 years ago but seems to be gettin worse lately

pippo

Right a wee update,

I tried bringing on the handbrake slightly when driving (it started beeping after 2 clicks so left it on that) it has helped a bit, but not completely its not pulling to the left so much but is still scoring. Did you get em done under warranty Aimez ?

oh yeah, I think the woman said the service ius a bit dearer this year as the pollen filter gets done every 2 years so i will let you know if that stops the ticking.

pippo

Aimez

No wasn't under warranty even thou it was a long time ago, working in the service industry myself I pretty certain they will not change them they are only cover for a very tiny amount of time as they are wear and tear item like tyres and clutch.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Make sure you do complain in a worried way about the steering issue and the knocking as these two points should be fixed under warranty, if they say fair wear and tear on them then report them to your motoring cover provider and refer them to any VAG web forums if they need evidence (hopefully you will not need to resport to this). The ticking noise from the A/C or fan should also get looked at before the warranty is up, but you do need to report all these potential when booking the car in so that the garage has been given a chance to set aside time to deal with them - or you might just get the brush off if they are busy with other "booked" tasks.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.