Anyone ordered yet?

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Result!!!!!

OBDEleven was perfect. Needle sweep and one click mirror fold complete.

My life is whole again :)

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Good to know I suspect VCDS may prove to slowly become obsolete as it is increasing doing less and less on newer vag group cars. OBD11 and VAG can pro are taking over.

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Good to know I suspect VCDS may prove to slowly become obsolete as it is increasing doing less and less on newer vag group cars. OBD11 and VAG can pro are taking over.

Yes, very happy with OBDeleven.

BTW, I cannot source an armrest anywhere. I have tried going direct to SEAT themselves and even they cant get one so I've registered on a scrappage site for one in case anyone decides to write off and xcellence very soon :)

I could really do with a part number for the armrest, so if you ever feel like removing yours for any reason whatsoever, let us know the part number :p

Subsequently, if anyone on this forum has an armrest in their xcellence they feel they would much rather have a cup holder instead, then I'm your man....£££ waiting :)

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Are the part numbers in the Workshop manual?

It will only cost 6 or 7-ish euro to download from ERWIN SEAT.

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Are the part numbers in the Workshop manual?

It will only cost 6 or 7-ish euro to download from ERWIN SEAT.

If I knew how to do that I would. Any clues?

Cant see where to get the workshop manual.

I just feel if I have the part number I stand a better chance of finding one..

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Not having driven the new Ibiza, but in most other modern SEATS, if your car is a manual the armrest just gets in the way of gearchanges - not to mention the handbrake. With DSG it would be OK but all of mine have been manuals and the armrest stays stowed in the vertical position at all times.

Waste of money and effort.

RE ERWIN: register online free (link on this page)

https://erwin.seat.com/erwin/showInfoTour.do

Then you can see what you need and pay for download access.

Last edited:

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Not having driven the new Ibiza, but in most other modern SEATS, if your car is a manual the armrest just gets in the way of gearchanges - not to mention the handbrake. With DSG it would be OK but all of mine have been manuals and the armrest stays stowed in the vertical position at all times.

Waste of money and effort.

RE ERWIN: register online free (link on this page)

https://erwin.seat.com/erwin/showInfoTour.do

Then you can see what you need and pay for download access.

Yes, thanks for that...figured it out in the end, but no part numbers.

Your experience of the arm rest is fair, but for someone who does a lot of motorway driving it's really nice. If you do buy a new Ibiza XCellence then you have a willing buyer here for your armrest. :p

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
:( No part numbers. Only this...

Thanks this is a good diagram, looks like it may be more complex to fit/remove as sees to bolt through the floor pan. I’ll see if I can get a chance to have a look at mine tomorrow/Monday. Though I appear to only have access to bolts (2) above.

Not sure if it will make a difference but from what I’ve seen the new polo uses the same armrest/fittings, not sure if could be sourced from VW instead?

Last edited:

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Thanks this is a good diagram, looks like it may be more complex to fit/remove as sees to bolt through the floor pan. I’ll see if I can get a chance to have a look at mine tomorrow/Monday. Though I appear to only have access to bolts (2) above.

Not sure if it will make a difference but from what I’ve seen the new polo uses the same armrest/fittings, not sure if could be sourced from VW instead?

Great, thanks for taking a look for me.

As long as the VW one matches the Alcantara then I’ll check it out

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
It may unfortunately take 5-6 months for dealers to get up to speed with parts and ordering then parts may also start to appear on eBay.de for example.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Ok so I have some more pics and a possible part number :D It now looks as if I can access the 2 bolts to the rear and the screws to the front to remove this completely, won't get a chance now will the weekend. Hope these provide some insight of how the armrest is fitted.

37683964026_ab147373bd_b.jpg

37683964756_2f69b91a5e_b.jpg

37022835234_eb4efb3feb_b.jpg

37732230701_63da3be224_b.jpg

37683961866_ab4c568415_b.jpg

37683959336_b7b69ab1a0_b.jpg

37700425162_1d5525439c_b.jpg

The part number may only relate to the cover I removed but it could still provide a reference to help a dealer find the other parts?

I wonder if on non-armrest cars the tray at the back is removed you can see the metal holder this bolts onto?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.