Are the camshaft the same for a AUB engine and BCB

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
Hi i have a friend that has a seat arosa 1.6 16v 51 plate 100bhp i think. The inlet camshaft has seized and snapped, im trying to source a new rocker cover including cams. The engine code for the arosa is AUB but i cant find any of those engines bein broken up for parts but there are afew leon 1.6 16v braking with the engine code BCB are they the same parts?

thanks in advance mike

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
That will be a 1.4 not a 1.6

They didnt do a 1.6 in the Arosa.

Question is why did the camshaft seize?

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
shite yeh god im bein dumb tonite ur on it tho lol.

Problem of breather pipes failing on 1.0 and 1.4S models built in 2001. Below minus 8 degrees centigrade, condensation in sumps of 1.0 and 1.4 engines emulsifies and blocks crankcase breather pipe leading to lack of engine lubrication and engine failure. VW modified the part

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Pretty good explaination that,,lol

Thing is the carrier is only half the bearing face, is the head ok? And they are line bored so cant be swapped over head to head.

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
lol. yeh the head looks ok the car was only at idle and just cut out when on warm up. its sheard the woodroff key of the pulley and snap a little piece off at the end where you time it up and scored the center bearing where the cam goes through so if i replace the camshaft and rocker cover it should be fine, gotta pressure test it yet to see if the valves are bent...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.