Arosa 1.4 16v Sport - My Trackday Project - '09 End of Season Report from Page 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
6J rims will be about right for the Arosa, too wide will be too much grip (and less fun?) for the weight perhaps. just get some 195/50 tyres :)

However, moving to ET35 rims will push the wheels out 8mm per side, and fill the arches nicely - and will weight up the steering a little.

Disable airbags on vagcom yes.

While not sitting in the car.... go into the airbags module, change adaptation, find the correct channel & disable each bag independantly. Save.

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
im running my 17's for road use and trailer entry then onto 15's for attacking the rear or lesser mortals on track

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com

While not sitting in the car.... go into the airbags module, change adaptation, find the correct channel & disable each bag independantly. Save.

If this is done, when the airbags are unplugged (I'm thinking side airbags in the seats when they are removed), will it prevent any faults being logged/indicator lights on the dash?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
6J rims will be about right for the Arosa, too wide will be too much grip (and less fun?) for the weight perhaps. just get some 195/50 tyres :)

However, moving to ET35 rims will push the wheels out 8mm per side, and fill the arches nicely - and will weight up the steering a little.

MrsB lupo is running my 7x15 ET35 pro race 1's ok... some arch rolling done as she wants is very low (read - one sump later low!) :)

R888's 195-50-15 on it

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Let me know when you start wanting to get rid of some of the interior bits and I will place my order and mosey on over ;)

p.s. you forget the rear wiper, thats a good few grams of weight saving there :happy:

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
MrsB lupo is running my 7x15 ET35 pro race 1's ok... some arch rolling done as she wants is very low (read - one sump later low!) :)

R888's 195-50-15 on it
I don't think I'll be going that low! Not looked at TD wheels, will give them a look..

Let me know when you start wanting to get rid of some of the interior bits and I will place my order and mosey on over ;)

p.s. you forget the rear wiper, thats a good few grams of weight saving there :happy:
Lol, another vulture! Don't you have a cage, buckets and no rear seats!?

Rear wiper is staying, I can remember how quickly the rear window mucks up and you can't see anything!

Airbag light will go off, even if you have no airbags
Cheers mate, I'll disable them all and unplug the seat ones asap.

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Lol, another vulture! Don't you have a cage, buckets and no rear seats!?

Rear wiper is staying, I can remember how quickly the rear window mucks up and you can't see anything!

:whistle:

I was being a vulture earlier actually! But I have a half-and-half interior at the moment between pale and dark grey - I need to get a headlining, carpet, boot lid trim, sun visors and window winders to complete the set, and was making sure you don't forget about me ;)

And I don't know if its having mudguards, but my rear window really doesn't muck up too quickly

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
:whistle:

I was being a vulture earlier actually! But I have a half-and-half interior at the moment between pale and dark grey - I need to get a headlining, carpet, boot lid trim, sun visors and window winders to complete the set, and was making sure you don't forget about me ;)

And I don't know if its having mudguards, but my rear window really doesn't muck up too quickly

I certainly have alot of that stuff! Once I get the buckets (need cage first) I'll 'catalogue' what I have and give those who have posted in my threads on here and Club Lupo a heads up on the items first :)

Mud-gards - that explains it, they'll add drag and about a kilo though, so a may as well stick with the wiper!

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
More Heatgun Action

Today I was determined to remove the last of that damned glue on the roof, but quickly found I'd left 'the best 'til last'! However, my heatgun and newly discovered tool for the job (plastic ice-scraper) got the job done. I do think that once the car has been caged, I'm going to end up re-spraying the roof along with painting the cage as all the marks still look quite messy:

roofglueremoval1.jpg

The eagle eyed among you will have noticed from early in this thread that my Arosa is suffering from the usual VW group problem of misty headlight syndrome on the passenger side. The cause of this was a poorly fitted clip, however, I simply couldn't get my hand in to sort the problem out; so off came the entire front bumper to allow me to remove the light cluster:

nofrontbumper.jpg

I now hope to have sorted the problem and fitted some nice LED sidelight bulbs whilst I was at it. Removing the bumper unveiled yet more mud and crud on this car, so once again I put the Karcher to work.

Now that the bumper is off (it will be staying off for a while) I have also removed the front fog lights from the front bumper. These won't be going back so have been added to my parts collection, now rapidly filling the garage! I have a plan for the lower area of the grille that they used to occupy.. details to follow ..plus I've saved a good 0.5Kg :lol:

I also took the opportunity today to draw up a list of bits that I need to order from my local stealer, and whilst doing so I discovered that the boot doesn't actually lock :( After a bit of investigation it's just a bit of broken plastic so hopefully their parts dept will be open tomorrow.. 'Hmm' ..but in the meantime I've disconnected the locking mechanism and now the boot can only be opened from inside.

That's all for now, hopefully the next few weeks will involve fitting nice, new, shiny bits :D

Last edited:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
My G3 800 is feeling the strain, but so is my bank balance! Let's see what shows up at MacWorld in a week or so, the Arosa has priority though!

Give me a shout if you need a discount code/page for the Apple Store and can't remember it from the last time I sent it to you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.