Arosa 1.4 16v Sport - My Trackday Project - '09 End of Season Report from Page 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Nope. It's definately a LCR splitter as he admitted it last night. So you're both right.. he is :gay:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
i hope he has enough strength in his arms to turn the wheel after the immense downforce it'll produce pushing the front end into the ground

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Day of Doing Boring Stuff

This may well be the shortest 'diary entry' I make in this thread..

Today I have:
  • Fitted the extra jubilee clip to the CDA
  • Replaced a dodgy electric window switch so that the passenger window can go down as well as up from using the drivers door switch (!)
  • Fixed the forward folding mechanism on the drivers seat (needed new washer)
  • Fitted new front wiper blades

Next week I should have some more parts arriving, and maybe, just maybe, may actually get to speak to someone useful at the rollcage place (unlike the 6 times I phoned last week) so I can get the car booked in :headhurt:

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Hehe, the one in the plastic bag!
I think you're right..

if it's an LCR splitter :gay:
Er, it might be..

i had hoped it was an arb.but i think you are right :gay:
Ok, it's a gay LCR spiltter..

Nope. It's definately a LCR splitter as he admitted it last night. So you're both right.. he is :gay:
Thanks for confirming my gayness Ken :think:

i hope he has enough strength in his arms to turn the wheel after the immense downforce it'll produce pushing the front end into the ground
I think that with the aid of the power steering, my gay arms may just cope :rolleyes:

He'll be fine after all the :w4nk: over the splitter. ;)
:wtf: I'll leave that all to you Ken!

The splitter will be part of some more extensive dremel-ing of the front bumper.. I'm amazed by how closely it fits against the Arosa bumper - I thought I'd have to cut a chunk out of the middle of it but it's virtually a perfect match to the bumper.

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
I think you're right..

Er, it might be..

Ok, it's a gay LCR spiltter..

Thanks for confirming my gayness Ken :think:

I think that with the aid of the power steering, my gay arms may just cope :rolleyes:

:wtf: I'll leave that all to you Ken!

The splitter will be part of some more extensive dremel-ing of the front bumper.. I'm amazed by how closely it fits against the Arosa bumper - I thought I'd have to cut a chunk out of the middle of it but it's virtually a perfect match to the bumper.

LOL - what a read hahahah

Good work Ian .... Like it .... ;)

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Day of more Boring Stuff

Having been struck down with manflu all week, I was never going to get much done the first day that I was actually feeling more normal!

I've fixed my boot lock mechanism using parts off the lock I bought from a ClubLupo member and fitted a screenwash nozzle for my rear wash-wipe so it no longer sprays into the face of following cars (but still need the cap to cover the nozzle)

I've also checked out my shiny new 4-2-1 manifold that arrived this week, and got a quote for its fitment sorted.

Finally, as no-one guessed what was in the white triangular box I'll spill the beans.. Today I did a trial fitment just to make sure all was OK with my genuine SEAT rear spoiler :rolleyes: :p

Ok, ok, but it's not at the same level of :gay: -ness as the LCR splitter, quite.. :rolleyes:

For an example of how the spoiler will look, here's a pic of our other Arosa Sport (my old baby):

arosared2.jpg

..and whilst I'm pimping that, here's a pic from the front.. Flash Red is gurt lursh :yes:

arosared1.jpg

Hindey

Clio 197
Nov 25, 2001
London
Heh, to be honest the Cupra handling on smooth roads (i.e. France) is pretty good. The levels of grip available are far higher than the Arosa. Where it falls down though is in Britain, on bumpy B-roads; the damping isn't good enough and you're always a little bit worried that a conspiring set of sharp undulations is going to catapult you in to the hedge.

The handling on the Arosa was fun though; you could play with it's limits because you'd be going that much slower. The Cupra's limits are quite high in comparison.

The Arosa Sport was 200% more fun though, for the reasons above and mainly the engine. Plus am I allowed to say the interior is much better too? :)

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Expensive Weekend!

It's been a week or two since the last decent update, so this weekend it was time to make up for a bit of lost time!

First off, Dan and I headed to Demon Tweeks on Saturday in the A2. Virtually a whole day later and I'd spent some serious cash, but returned with some much needed parts in the boot and some even more essential ones on order..

dtnewstuff.jpg

On the table:
  • 2x Intake scoops
  • Cool tube (see later..)
  • Grille Mesh (to be painted black)
  • 2x 6-point harnesses (see below)
  • Momo Steering wheel (thanks to Tom on SCN)
  • Some bananas

Here's the harnesses:

harnessesonfloor.jpg

Also ordered:
  • KW Varient 1 Coilovers
  • OMP 6-Point bolt-in cage (the date on offer from Custom Cages was simply too close to Easter)

So, along came Sunday and I had a few jobs to do. First up I fitted the new steering wheel:

steeringwheel.jpg

Next up, I needed to remove the exhaust manifold shield in order to get at the exhaust gas sensor:

manifoldsheild.jpg

This revealed the rather crappy designed standard exhaust manifold:

originalmanifold.jpg

The reason for all of this? So that I could remove the exhaust gas sensor which will need the cable lengthening (and wrapping the the cool-tube I bought yesterday) in order for it to fit my new 4-2-1 manifold. The sensor is located right down near the join with the CAT on the new manifold as opposed to up near the branch on the existing manifold:

exhaustgassensor.jpg

I also disabled all of the 4 airbags using VAG-Com. I have also been working on something else, but details of that can wait until later.. ;)

Thanks for reading...!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.