Arosa 1.4 16v Sport - My Trackday Project - '09 End of Season Report from Page 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniamboman

Might be interested in buying your OEM alloys driveforward.... Will they be up for sale? If so, are they damaged at all? Rough idea of price?

Cheers :)

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
this is a great diary, i havent been on in a few weeks so got to see it from the start till now, keep the pics coming, will be great to see how it progresses.

Welcome back to the big silver S fold :) try not to crash it on the first outing ;)

Cheers mate :)

When have I ever crashed anything on the FIRST outing!? ;)

Hindey

Clio 197
Nov 25, 2001
London
My word, I hadn't seen this until you posted on my thread about binning the Cupra.

I am so jealous, let's just leave it at that! :D

Planning to do my ARDS test this year and then get out there. When either me or my bro has a bigger house with garage, we'll be having a track car. Probably not an Arosa Sport mind, but still. Your Arosa looks like an awesome project! If you need any experienced Arosa Sport test pilots, let me know ;)

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
My word, I hadn't seen this until you posted on my thread about binning the Cupra.

I am so jealous, let's just leave it at that! :D

Planning to do my ARDS test this year and then get out there. When either me or my bro has a bigger house with garage, we'll be having a track car. Probably not an Arosa Sport mind, but still. Your Arosa looks like an awesome project! If you need any experienced Arosa Sport test pilots, let me know ;)

Cheers mate.. What's in the running for a project for you?

Hindey

Clio 197
Nov 25, 2001
London
It's all very much pie-in-the-sky until either of us has somewhere to keep it, but if it was my decision tomorrow, I'd be looking for a Saxo VTS or a 106 GTI.

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
New Stuff Arrives!

The first of many deliveries arrived on Friday, one by Mr TNT as I was leaving for work and another by means of collection from the local stealer at lunchtime..

Here's all the stuff:
newstuff050108.jpg

The obvious bit is the BMC CDA kit for the 1.4 16v from KAM Motorsport, the rest may or may not be so obvious ;)

Today I have removed the standard airbox and all associated pipework and fitted the CDA. Although a straighforward job, it was more tricky than I had expected due to the lack of clearance for the bonnet and getting the hose fitted securely onto the inlet using one of the two supplied reducers. Here's a shot with the hard work done:

cda1.jpg

Where's the intake pipe going I hear you ask.. or maybe not. I wasn't happy with the feed coming from the top of the wheel arch, so decided to route to the front to get a nice supply of cold air:

cda2.jpg

As you can see, I cut a hole in the plastic in order to run the intake pipe down to there. This should provide a nice supply of air through the left grille next to the headlight:

cda3.jpg

All that was left to do was to tighten everything back up and put the engine cover back on, leaving me with the finished product:

cda4.jpg

As you can just see in the two pics below, I pushed the remaining reducer from the CDA kit into the hole that I had made, then fitted the offcut from the 90-degree silicon hose (once cut to a suitable angle) onto the back of the reducer. I then simply duck-taped the end of the BMC hose onto the silicon hose and it was job done:

cda5.jpg

cda6.jpg

Should the pipework ever need moving out of the way (manifold fitting etc), all I'll need to do is push the plastic reducer out of the hole, and then pull it back through when the other job is finished. You may also notice how I'm missing a jubilee clip from the right side of the CDA - I had to use this to secure the other end of the silicon hose onto the inlet. I'll get a clip and some padding for the tube to protect it from the vibrating engine shortly..

Another job I got done today was re-fitting the front wheel arch linings. I removed these to jet wash great wads of mud out from behind them, but discovered the right one was quite mangled when doing so. I now have a new lining for the passenger side and have re-fitted the drivers side lining (they don't weigh much!):

archlining1.jpg

archlining2.jpg

Tomorrow I'll attack some of the other new bits that I have collected from SEAT, many are boring, a few are interesting..!

Last edited:

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I had an arch liner spare! Can't remember which side though...

And I know what that long thing is I reckon - I have one for my car too ;)

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
I had an arch liner spare! Can't remember which side though...

And I know what that long thing is I reckon - I have one for my car too ;)

The liner only cost me a tenner so not too bad. I need to create a spreadsheet to keep track of all of this!

What long thing do you have..!? :p The thing in the white box or the thing in the plastic bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.