Attention FR 130 TDi owners

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
Hi there,

Have had my brand new FR for a couple of weeks now and have noticed what sounds like a noisy release bearing when the clutch is depressed. It has made this noise from day one.

I just wondered if anybody else sounds like this as maybe its a trait of the car:think:

Baz1

Dec 6, 2004
Leicester
Ive never heard that noise when depressing the clutch mate. Ive covered 24k miles now and dont recall that at all.

Get it checked out asap - dont sound normal to me.

steveb8189

i think this is what mines doing too but I didn't know it was the release bearing.

When i'm standstill I can hear the general rumble of the diesel engine but when I depress the clutch the rattle gets louder- is this the same as yours frenchy?

Done 6k now and it's not got any better but doesn't worry me too much. Prob get them to check it out at the next service.

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
i think this is what mines doing too but I didn't know it was the release bearing.

When i'm standstill I can hear the general rumble of the diesel engine but when I depress the clutch the rattle gets louder- is this the same as yours frenchy?

Done 6k now and it's not got any better but doesn't worry me too much. Prob get them to check it out at the next service.

Yeah thats exactly the sound.

Have since been told this could be the clutch fluid pipe vibrating against the body. As apparantly some of the VW polos do this.

Still going to get them to check it anyways.

JPS3290

Dirty Diesel
Jun 6, 2003
Durham
Visit site
My Cupra TDI does the same and has since new (September 07).

I had it checked out when the car was in for other work and apparently they couldn't hear it...said also said it was a normal feature. Mine also makes a loud vibration noise when coming off the accelerator in 2nd/3rd which is a little annoying.

It's due its first service in another 2k so will have it checked out again.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members