Auxiliary heater - remote operation

Dec 21, 2023
Hi All,

I purchased an year old SEAT Tarraco (reg. 2022) with factory diesel heater fitted. I installed seat Connect app and was immediately disappointed to find out that you cannot control remotely the diesel heater. I have seen that Skoda owners seem to be able to do that...

There is a radio remote control option but the actual remote is lost by the previous owner. In general the remote control is good option but is limited in range and if I park my car next street behind a few buildings, I doubt it will have range in the cold mornings to start the heater.

I have looked a lot in google and other forums and it seems a niche topic, but I really do hope someone can give me advice and point me to the right direction (even local webasto dealership was not able to offer solution). I would like to be able to start my diesel heater via app or phone call. What can be done to enable me to manage my heater remotely?

Thank you in advance!

Tell

Staff member
It's a niche topic to the UK since they aren't sold with them in the UK. Scandinavian option for these / east climates. You need some Scandinavian person similar to you. I guess if it not in Seat connect services then you are definitely into a radio / text message project. One of these things where you send a text and the mobile triggers an event. Sort of thing you need to look at.

Reactions: riba000
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise