AVC - automatic exhaust valve controller for the 300PS version

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
Is there any experience on the forum of installing and automatic valve controller in order to be able to open or close that exhaust valves at will? On past Audi RS vehicles I've used one from Cete - it is actuated by a quick double-press of the ESC button so invisible when installed. They list one for the Ateca: Cete AVC

GringAddict

Dec 22, 2023
Manchester, UK
Is there any experience on the forum of installing and automatic valve controller in order to be able to open or close that exhaust valves at will? On past Audi RS vehicles I've used one from Cete - it is actuated by a quick double-press of the ESC button so invisible when installed. They list one for the Ateca: Cete AVC
For 435 euros without shipping I’d not be buying that! Go to a custom exhaust shop and they’ll be able to help for much less than that.

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
The challenge with the custom exhaust route is that it will noisier all the time when you really want to go stealthy sometimes :D . Cete do run special offers from time-to-time, Black Friday for example. I'll keep an eye on the site.

GringAddict

Dec 22, 2023
Manchester, UK
The challenge with the custom exhaust route is that it will noisier all the time when you really want to go stealthy sometimes :D . Cete do run special offers from time-to-time, Black Friday for example. I'll keep an eye on the site.
Sorry I just meant they can fit a controller that does the same thing as that product for a lot less I had one on my M4 so it wasn’t mode specific, I just had it on a fob instead. Saying that though if there isn’t one available and you only change out back box for one with aftermarket valves in, then recoup the money selling your original one, you’ll still retain a quiet car when you want one and more control over the new valves, it wouldn’t get any louder unless you changed another part of the system.

Reactions: CosmicBlue

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
I have used the services of Paul at PCW between Bedford and Milton Keynes. He drops the system off the car, opens the boxes up on the upper faces (so invisible from under the car), modifies the exhaust internals and then neatly welds it all back up again. PCW FB page

Reactions: GringAddict

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
I had the last F3 RSQ3 enhanced by Paul - needed the Cete AVC to keep the valves closed! The 5 pot did sound good though..

Bensb93

Jun 2, 2018
I have used the services of Paul at PCW between Bedford and Milton Keynes. He drops the system off the car, opens the boxes up on the upper faces (so invisible from under the car), modifies the exhaust internals and then neatly welds it all back up again. PCW FB page
I am not a million miles away from PCW. Are you happy with the results? Notice much difference? Do you know have a mechanism to turn on/off the exhaust valve?

Thanks.

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
Isn't it easy enough to toggle between sport and cupra, to achieve the same effect.

I have my 'individual' setting on cupra for ECU and steering, but Sport for DCC.

Guy

Sent from my Galaxy S23 Ultra using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cupra306Form

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
I am not a million miles away from PCW. Are you happy with the results? Notice much difference? Do you know have a mechanism to turn on/off the exhaust valve?

Thanks.
I was happy with the results on the RSQ3 - but supremely glad I'd got the Cete AVC installed first - it was too loud with the valves open - a 5 cylinder sound track is addictive. :cool:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.