Blind spot detection

Jul 1, 2023
Hi,

just double checking I think I know the answer…

is blind spot detection an add on? I’ve got lane assist and front assist and park assist but don’t get any blind spot warnings which seems insane/bizarre as I’d imagine all new cars come with it as standard due to it being a massive safety feature!! It’s a 22 plate mk4 leon.
And can it be added/coded now or has to be at manufacture?
Many thanks,
Kate

Reactions: NickE

NickE

Jul 20, 2022
Hi,

just double checking I think I know the answer…

is blind spot detection an add on? I’ve got lane assist and front assist and park assist but don’t get any blind spot warnings which seems insane/bizarre as I’d imagine all new cars come with it as standard due to it being a massive safety feature!! It’s a 22 plate mk4 leon.
And can it be added/coded now or has to be at manufacture?
Many thanks,
Kate
Yep it's ridiculous. I bought the 1.4 eHybrid Xcellence Lux and it doesn't have it. 🤷‍♀️
Should be standard!

Reactions: Kate1304

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
It's not on the regulations yet.

You'll have to slum with us who just have mirrors and swivelly heads.

Reactions: SRGTD

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Just get two of these and stick em on your mirrors. Problem solved.

ae1d4d1c-3528-4b8e-986d-a7f59fafc652_1.0fb3789e306c70e63229be92a2d1940a.jpeg

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Hmm not as pretty as if they’d just included it! I’ll just not break the habit of a lifetime and crook my neck… would prob double check anyway!
Not as pretty, but you see more than if you just turn your head (no B pillar to get in the way) and it helps with parking as you can easily see the white lines or kerbs..

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Not as pretty much you see more than if you just turn your head (no B pillar to get in the way) and it helps with parking as you can easily see the white lines or kerbs..
Sometimes the low cost simple solutions are the best, and there’s nothing to go wrong either 👍 🙂.

someuser08

Mar 24, 2021
United Kingdom
Yep it's ridiculous. I bought the 1.4 eHybrid Xcellence Lux and it doesn't have it. 🤷‍♀️
Should be standard!
What's more ridiculous is that mine was factory order and I knew this was not included as standard, but for Lux specs safety packs (that included blind spot detection) were not an option you can even add! For FR it was, but not for Xcellence /Lux... They removed these trims now altogether...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.