Boo's MintGrün MK1 Arosa - small update

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Couple of shots of the Arosa from Inters at the Weekend. Spent alot of time trying to get it mildly tidy in the run up. Painted the brake pads and got a few of the great many dents out of it. Going back to the bodyshop next week to have the orange peel on the drivers door sorted out. Put my spoiler on which Im chuffed to bits with - you know what they say about simple things and simple minds :redface:

GTI3.jpg

GTI1.jpg

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Aye the weather was ok, shame my nose is windburnt ! I just managed to get the knots out of my hair too. I have just realised there was a spot of polish left on the rear bumper :cry:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Yep there was on mine! :( Polish on the front grills that i'd somehow managed to get one there. :redface:

I was downwind from you all, so all your cleaning products ended up on my car! HAHA! :cry:

blackarosa

nice

I really wasnt keen on the wheels when I had them put on to begin with and although they are a wee bugger to clean Im getting used to them. Next on the list is getting the bumpers resprayed, just trying to find somewhere that does a paint colour matching service. Halfrauds offer one but, its factory paintcode and I want one where they come out and test the paint for you.

like'in it seen pic of this before sum where , mines just in the body shop getting sum paint hopin to get sum pics on soon

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
There were a few going on ebay at one point last year. Its an idea to have a look on there and german ebay. I got mine from the dealership.

Going to colour code the b pillar covers, get the wheels powdercoated either gold or green and black. Also need to try to fit 5 shiny horns and a compressor into a very small engine :(

Last edited:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I have done nothing to my car for ages. I sorted out an oil leak courtesy of the oil pressure switch. However, I thought with the nice weather it would be an ideal opportuntiy to do some work to the car.

This weekend I ordered brake drums, wheel bearings, rear brakes and bumpstops with every intention of getting them all changed over. However, the wrong drums arrived so I thought I would leave the rear brakes and bearings until the drums turn up.

I did get the bumpstops done though, good job I did really,

Photo0351.jpg

Not my hands as I needed someone strong to compress the suspension shock for me.

Next weekend is drums, bearings and brakes. Unfortunately I do need a new exhaust :( so it may be a custom jobbie.

MargheD

I am who I am
Feb 25, 2009
Croydon
^ That looks scary! :blink:

I love the new spoiler, and don't say those things about small things and small minds: I love to bits my red calipers right now, and it's a mod a blind monkey could do, so... ;)

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
^ That looks scary! :blink:

I love the new spoiler, and don't say those things about small things and small minds: I love to bits my red calipers right now, and it's a mod a blind monkey could do, so... ;)

The other side was worse, there was a big split down the middle of the rubber stop. The suspension feels alot better now, a bit more softer. The exhaust needs some attention but, looking at it from underneath it looks pretty solid so I cant work out where the rattle is coming from. Think it may be new exhaust time soon.

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Looking good Boo we will have to meet up as ive not seen you for ages and now the arosa is working you can have a go like i said

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Wohoo ! Drums, wheel bearings and rear brakes all changed today. Handbreak adjusted and the exhaust looked at. Bit of a pain in the neck to get the wheel bearing caps on but, they are done and not a moment too soon really. Took the offside off and the drums had small cracks in them but, when I did the nearside;

Photo0378.jpg

Photo0379.jpg

The pad had come away from the bonding and there was barely anything there. Consequently as I pulled it away from the handbrake cable the pad itself snapped !!

So now I have nice shiny new brakes

Photo0376.jpg

Phew !!!

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Well, after seeing your car today I can fairly say that it deserves the love, it looks great! [B)]

Thankyou honey :redface: she has a long way to go though. Exhaust is next and then time to sort the fan out inside and get the car cooling properly. Maybe a small induction kit :whistle: and air horns !!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise