Brake discs and pads

GunnerCP

Jul 24, 2009
London
ok guys, I've also emailed a few people and Nitrac have been very helpful....anyone heard of them before? They Cryogenically treat their discs, we could have them grooved with either 8, 12, or 16 grooves.

They don't make pads but reccomend and can supply EBC (Reds) and also the Ferodo DS2500 pads. I'm trying to negotiate a discount at the moment.

http://www.nitrac.co.uk/index.htm

GunnerCP

Jul 24, 2009
London
further to my last post, if anyone is interested in the Nitrac offerings we could have 15% off discs and 10% off pads.

oh and free delivery.

Last edited:

Poverty

further to my last post, if anyone is interested in the Nitrac offerings we could have 15% off discs and 10% off pads.

Nitrac are a good make. Im very interested. Would be after either 8 or 12 grooves. I emailed like 5 companies over the weekend and the only one that replied is a company that doesnt deal with brakes :lol:
:rolleyes:

Poverty

Awesome got back to me now also.

£275.00 + vat for the tarox discs from them.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Nitrac are a good make. Im very interested. Would be after either 8 or 12 grooves. I emailed like 5 companies over the weekend and the only one that replied is a company that doesnt deal with brakes :lol:
:rolleyes:

Nitrac sound good 8 or 12 will do me aswell.

What pads are you going with Jason, are you getting a set for the road and the track or compromising with those pagid blues.

GunnerCP

Jul 24, 2009
London
I think I'd go for the 12 as a compromise, the guys at Nitrac seem pretty helpful too. I might go for the black phosphate ones too.... maybe.

OK so looks like we'd be getting 3 sets of fronts and 1 rear so far? Think the discount applies to 5 sets so we're 1 short atm.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Leon II Cupra

345mm front ones.. Ultimax are £173/pair
8 groove or eliptically grooved are £165/pair

286mm rear ones,, Ultimax are £86/pair
8 groove or eliptically grooved are £86/pair

regards
bill

GunnerCP

Jul 24, 2009
London
for my FR TDi Nitrac discs would be £211.37 for the fronts 312mm (12 groove) and £105.80 for the rears 255mm (again, 12 groove)

Poverty

Nitrac sound good 8 or 12 will do me aswell.

What pads are you going with Jason, are you getting a set for the road and the track or compromising with those pagid blues.

Im really not sure yet im so confused. Ferodo ds2500 are highly regarded everywhere, as are mintex pads but that daveb1970 as really confused me. I just need something that will slow me down consistently from 130 to 20 out on track. So not sure whether something like pagid blues or those road ones he recommended are best for me.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
for my FR TDi Nitrac discs would be £211.37 for the fronts 312mm (12 groove) and £105.80 for the rears 255mm (again, 12 groove)

Do you know how much it would be for the 345mm fronts with the discount mate ;).

Yeah im really confused aswell, from what i can understand its really important to get the correct temperature pads which would obviously be different for track and road use.

Poverty

Cool, I hope the discs for the cupra will be priced similarily.

H8T WP says hes gonna get whatever setup I go for so I suppose that makes 5 people.;)

Poverty

Leon II Cupra

345mm front ones.. Ultimax are £173/pair
8 groove or eliptically grooved are £165/pair

286mm rear ones,, Ultimax are £86/pair
8 groove or eliptically grooved are £86/pair

regards
bill

What pads can you get. Ive hear so many mixed reviews on EBC stuff :(

GunnerCP

Jul 24, 2009
London
ok Cupra lads.... not so good news I suppose!

This is from Nitrac:

"With regard to the 345mm discs for the Seat Leon Cupra, our main manufacturer does not yet produce these so I am making enquiries elsewhere, however, it would be very helpful if you could give me the registration number of the car to ensure we get the correct discs. I should also forewarn you that large rare brake discs are likely to be expensive I'm afraid!"

might be back to the drawing board maybe?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
What pads can you get. Ive hear so many mixed reviews on EBC stuff :(

their disks work ok in the main, but I dont like their pads much. EBC pad/disk combo ironically does'nt seem to work as well as ebc disk/DS2500 combo

the pads... are average (reds) but not in Ds2500 league

I run reds on my S6 road car. not as much bite on first application as Ds2500/DS3000, but 2nd/3rd applications they work.
I dont rag them personally. they have been round Castle Combe and survived ok, but I was'nt caning it under braking.

I'll see if I can confirm what pad part number in DS2500/DS3000 material fits them.
Did someone say pads were listed under audi A4?

regards

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Ok I might need to get a set of ds2500's off you at some point bill.

Eurocarparts have got back to me , and they have two piece brake discs in stock for the cupra. £300+vat.

The guys with the FR's, should have a look at this, its not a 2 piece set but a powerdisc as they call it and its available in your size

http://www.ate-brakes.com/generator...ce/10_powerdisc/productinfo_powerdisc_en.html

have you a link to the 2 piece kit and am i right in saying these are the lightweight ones, also are they grooved?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.