Brake upgrade for Bocanegra - Updated 12/01/10

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Certainly was mate. A pair would set your white Boc off a treat. Price was great, feel is great, now I can build a little more confidence with the car. Hehe, Cheers matey, defo coming to you for my service and if I make it, any other issues.

ED

Btw, Dear AndySpencer, I now need to borrow some of that caliper paint for my rears. Please.

Last edited:

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hey edhorny great choice for brake upgrade[B)] they really a superb only thing is trying to keep em bloody clean in this weather!!! First time i had to drive the boc in the snow and my god it was a nightmare, you deffo can't beat a manual for this weather , brakes seem to lock up to easy but spous the p7s don't help but I think there's much more control with the manual. Still good job we don't get the White stuff to often!

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I've got the same AP and you just have to be a little more gentle in the snow. You are right though breaking with first gear does help.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Thanks for info Stu38, I found the smoothness of the auto and that if you let the car pull off and gently apply throttle gets you away in the snow easy, saves you having to work left leg and get leg ache. I'm still getting used to the different/better brakes, finding that I'm outbraking myself. Hehe. Nah, I can feel a definate difference and I know when it's time for me to burn down Wales that I won't have to use both feet when trying to slow down.

This weather isn't great, especially when no one is washing cars. I got back from Torquay last week and the state of it was bad, I went through the ARC car wash twice to make sure it was clean and waxed well.

I'm still bedding in the brakes, I know cos they are noisy at low speed, high pitch squeak. That'll wear off. Glad I got these now as they shouldn't/won't fade with excessive use and now the car not only goes like a rocket, but now stops sufficiently too. Plus they look great, Can't wait to get the oppurtunity to paint the rear calipers red. I also can't wait to get my wheel back from refurb too. The car hates the spare and so do I.

I highly recommend this upgrade if you haven't had them factory fit, they look, feel and work superbly.

Cheers Techie for sourcing the parts and fitting them, great job mate.

ED

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Your welcome mate, nice to know whats needed to fit them and that they are straight forward to do :)

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Techie, like you said I would probably do mate, I keep braking too early, too hard, hehe. Should get my wheel back tomorrow. I think I'll be looking for handling improvements next. But that's in a couple of months, get the bad weather out the way.

ED:)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
first job on the list for me is the suspension and possibly bush's if there is a decent polyurethane upgrade kit available.

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
As much as i wish i could i dont think il be able to strech my funds to aford the seat brake upgrade.

So i was wondering does anyone no if the audi tt 312mm brakes would fit the mk5, as i no it is quite a popular upgrade for mk4 ibiza's as ive help a friend put them on his mk4 fr nd its quite simple to do?

Dave[B)]

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
As much as i wish i could i dont think il be able to strech my funds to aford the seat brake upgrade.

So i was wondering does anyone no if the audi tt 312mm brakes would fit the mk5, as i no it is quite a popular upgrade for mk4 ibiza's as ive help a friend put them on his mk4 fr nd its quite simple to do?

Dave[B)]

Even easier on the Boca as it uses the right calipers to start with so all you need are the carriers and a pair of discs. No bleeding to do as they use the same calipers.

gtv11636

Hey everyone
Can someone direct me to a dealer or a store where I can buy directly the original SEAT sport brake kit? Does it include any brake lines as well or only need to replace those rotors calipers and pads?
Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.