Brake upgrade for Bocanegra - Updated 12/01/10

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
The Boca/Cupra/FR is fitted with two part 288mm brakes which are the same as the 312mm brakes, so all you need are the carriers and the discs to upgrade to 312mm spec.

you are joking, ive been trawling the net for carriers and calipers. :wtf::cry:

Ive got 312mm discs already.

Wheres the best place to source the caliper carriers then? cant imagine them being to dear to buy brand new?

ozzyfizzle

Bocanegra Candy White
Sep 6, 2010
big brakes i probably a good shout for stage 2 dont fancy paying main stealer prices though. whats the best way to go about it?

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
you can upgrade to the mk4 golf GTI/TT/vRS 312mm discs and only need the caliper carriers to make thm fit

swampy06

swamps
May 21, 2010
Canterbury
would the racing brake option fit on the FR with its wheels being different ?, soo how much am i looking at to get it done (just parts wise ?) cheers guys

malaroo978

Feb 1, 2010
Bristol
Racing brakes dnt fit fr wheels (so I'm told) and you need calipers, carriers, pads and discs to upgrade. The old calipers don't work even with different carriers

Deleted member 55317

i went for brembo's.....welllll impressed....just get a decent mechanic to fit them......check me RR thread for more info if ur interested

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
you can upgrade to the mk4 golf GTI/TT/vRS 312mm discs and only need the caliper carriers to make thm fit

That info is incorrect as I found out, see the 312mm warning thread in the FAQ section. You do need the carriers and calipers.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
ah right, in that case i hadn't wasted my time trawling the net for the full setup :whistle:

im thinking of going for the Mk4 R32 twinpot 323mm setup now

gtv11636

techie and EdHorny
Can you please give me some phone, mail, web site address of where I can buy the original SEAT SPORT brake kit?
I live in Israel, and here there isn't no option to add them or buy them, so I would realy like to get them and need to know where to buy out of Israel.
BTW - Do you have thier original factory catalog number?
I own an 2011 cupra (not boc), will i need to replace other parts as well to fit them in? like brake hoses or else? Do they sell those carriers as well or should I get them some how as well?

Thanks in advance

AlBaker

Brakes

hello there,

was just wondering who i could contact to get these brakes fitted to my car?>

Thanks Alex

gtv11636

Can someone pleassssse direct me to somewhere where I can buy this brake kit? anyone ?:rolleyes:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.