can't access central convenience module after disable selective unlock

matt110tdi

I enabled selective unlocking on my car a while ago by accessing module 46 and recoding the software coding to 257 from 258. It got on my nerves after a while so i put it back to how it was before by adding 1 to the value. It did the job but now VAGCOM can't see the module 46 anymore. It says no response. I've tried switching off the ignition and stuff but it just can't see it anymore. It's a Leon 110 Tdi by the way.

Has anyone got any ideas how to get vagcom to see it again??

Cheers

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
I highly doubt VAG-COM is the problem here. I suspect you are a having a problem with your interface cable. My guess is you have an aftermarket cable and that like so many others, it is either failing or has some sort of timing issue that makes it intermittent. My suggestion is you find someone with a genuine Ross-Tech interface and see if you can access the module with that setup. If so, you know the problem is your interface cable.

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
I am not aware of any case where recoding a module caused it to stop "talking" on the diagnostic bus. Only other suggestion I have for you is to pull the fuse for the module so it resets itself. If that does not get the communications back to it then my other suggestion still remains - try another VCDS (VAG-COM) system.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members