Cant decide what to do!!??

Gctdi00001

Feb 23, 2021
I was due to go to r tech saturday after waiting 3 and a half months, changed all the sensible things, spark plugs, pcv, diverter valve, and a LOT of money on a full bcs powervalve system.

Tuesday somebody went up the back of me and wrote it off, category N according to the insurance.

It looks like its just the bumper though, insurance company haven't even looked at it! do I buy it back ?

The car will be sold if I fix it as I have already found another one I'm after.

I don't know if I can bare to let them take it to a scrap yard with that exhaust!! 😆

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Used cars are going for strong money now, especially anything under 10 grand. Should be fairly easy to make a good bit of money buying it back and flogging it on.

I take it you've checked the boot floor isn't wrinkled or showing any signs of damage?

Digital Punk

Aug 29, 2020
Midlands
Is it another Cupra you’re going to get?
I was due to go to r tech saturday after waiting 3 and a half months, changed all the sensible things, spark plugs, pcv, diverter valve, and a LOT of money on a full bcs powervalve system.

Tuesday somebody went up the back of me and wrote it off, category N according to the insurance.

It looks like its just the bumper though, insurance company haven't even looked at it! do I buy it back ?

The car will be sold if I fix it as I have already found another one I'm after.

I don't know if I can bare to let them take it to a scrap yard with that exhaust!! 😆

Gctdi00001

Feb 23, 2021
Used cars are going for strong money now, especially anything under 10 grand. Should be fairly easy to make a good bit of money buying it back and flogging it on.

I take it you've checked the boot floor isn't wrinkled or showing any signs of damage?

Thanks for the advice; like you said used cars have gone up quite a bit!
I checked the boot floor and looks okay but the boot latch seems slightly out of place when I try and shut the boot lid.
Looked behind the bumper and the main panel that should take the brunt hasn't moved but the top part is slightly out of place

Not this time, I looked at the newer cupra's and golfs, ive found a golf r which has quite a few extras so going to probably get that, always fancied one with the Pretoria alloys and the 4 wheel drive is appealing :)

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

Digital Punk

Aug 29, 2020
Midlands
Thanks for the advice; like you said used cars have gone up quite a bit!
I checked the boot floor and looks okay but the boot latch seems slightly out of place when I try and shut the boot lid.
Looked behind the bumper and the main panel that should take the brunt hasn't moved but the top part is slightly out of place

Not this time, I looked at the newer cupra's and golfs, ive found a golf r which has quite a few extras so going to probably get that, always fancied one with the Pretoria alloys and the 4 wheel drive is appealing :)

I must admit I do really like the golf R, and 4wd is immense, I used to have an Evo FQ330 and had some real fun with the traction control fully switched off 😁

Reactions: Gctdi00001
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.