Car nowhere near claimed 240 bhp K04

m0sch

JabbaSport K04 Cupra
Feb 11, 2010
Windsor
www.facebook.com
it just to jus below 250 which is the highest mark on the oil temp but does say what the reading is in ! and when the map was done it wads mapped to 16-17 psi so maybe someone else has just turned the boost down or it has a boost leak like if its a leak from the intercooler it might restrict it anyway ? either way to only get 165 when it was mapped to 240 is a big loss originally i got the car cause thought it was just a boost leak and hed lied about a few mods didnt know it could be this much hassle

jamiebennett81

it just to jus below 250 which is the highest mark on the oil temp but does say what the reading is in ! and when the map was done it wads mapped to 16-17 psi so maybe someone else has just turned the boost down or it has a boost leak like if its a leak from the intercooler it might restrict it anyway ? either way to only get 165 when it was mapped to 240 is a big loss originally i got the car cause thought it was just a boost leak and hed lied about a few mods didnt know it could be this much hassle

lesson learnt then

If it sounds dodgy, then walk away

I wouldnt have touched it with yours mate, but I know that doesn't help the situation right now

let me know anyway

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire

Sounds like that's in farhenheit, 250 is about 120 Deg C which is entering the danger zone.

I've only ever seen this temp once on my car after a good hammering on track, with very good quality oil.

m0sch

JabbaSport K04 Cupra
Feb 11, 2010
Windsor
www.facebook.com
yeah its in farhienhiet and it sits between 210 and 250 ish ?? whats the danger of running it this high ?

it was on motorworx rollers but its going power engineering on saturday but I need vag com really so need to get osmeone with it to help me :)

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Is that on normal road driving? Most oils will break down past these figures offering limited protection

You shouldn't be seeing those figures unless you're thrashing the absolute boll*cks off of it

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
I've heard mixed reviews about power engineering to be honest. If i was you id take it to Badger 5 or AMD essex.

Firstly though get it vag comd, my mate could do it for you but id say jamiebennet knows how to use it alot better than he can and he's hardly a million miles away.

m0sch

JabbaSport K04 Cupra
Feb 11, 2010
Windsor
www.facebook.com
iv used powers for a long time and trust the tuner there very well thats why i use them

well my mate jus plugged it in to a snap on machine thing and said if the oil temp was that high it would of said on there but engine temp was like 90 and coolent 85 or something like that so im thinkin maybe the gauge doesnt actually work ? cause surly as its always about 210 when driving something would of burnt or gone wrong by now but on the machine it aid all is fine ? also he said the brake light switch has an error code and the cat block 1 which is the first lamda ? he also told me either of these could cuase the engine to stop the car boostin as much as a precaution so maybe thats why its resricted to 11 - 9 psi ?

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
Write down the fault codes, get them deleted and go out for a drive again. If they pop up you know what the issues are and what needs to be addressed.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
If a lambda probe has gone that can make it overfuel alot. Sounds like you might need a pre cat lambda if its bank one. That might well sort out your fueling and boost issues.

m0sch

JabbaSport K04 Cupra
Feb 11, 2010
Windsor
www.facebook.com
and now iv got 15 posts here is a quick pic of the engine doubt this will help atall but here ya go

IMG00038-20100206-1403.jpg

m0sch

JabbaSport K04 Cupra
Feb 11, 2010
Windsor
www.facebook.com
nope the garage near me want 150 for a full check so was gonna see who can do it for me

jamiebennett81 has said he can do it but im not sure when i can get to him

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.