Climate control starts while car is off?

elzo

Jul 1, 2023
I’ve noticed a couple times now that the climat control is running while the car is parked in the garage. I don’t have any scheduled departures set for preconditioning or ventilation.

I arrive at the garage, lock the doors, and inside the car the climate control starts to work and the air blows strongly. This rarely happens. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but it happened the last time after I used A/C on a trip. Is this some kind of residual process after using the air conditioner or is it a system glitch?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Are you sure you're not accidentally unlocking the car again as you've locked it and the AC is coming on to cool the car down, then the car relocks itself again as no doors were opened?

elzo

Jul 1, 2023
Are you sure you're not accidentally unlocking the car again as you've locked it and the AC is coming on to cool the car down, then the car relocks itself again as no doors were opened?
Yes, I am sure. The car is completely closed and turned off, but the air continues to blow in the cabin. I wrote to the dealer, they invited me for service and most likely they will install the Infotainment update.

This has happened twice this week. I park the car and turn off the car with the Start / Stop button, after that the screens go out and the strong airflow turns on. Getting out of the car or locking it doesn't help. Turn off the airflow by turning car on and off with the Start/Stop button.

Then the airflow stops immediately and I can safely close the car and leave .

elzo

Jul 1, 2023
Now it got even worse.
My cabin airflow is turned off with a button in the menu, but it does not turn off and continues to work!
Restarted the car, still blowing! There is NO way to turn it off.
How could they screw up the software in such a good car!!

The machine is turned off and closed, but it continues to blow. I'm going to try and reset the car...

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Unlikely to be the software thats screwed up or they’d all be doing it. More like a fault, such as a sensor gone or something. Back to dealer?

elzo

Jul 1, 2023
Unlikely to be the software thats screwed up or they’d all be doing it. More like a fault, such as a sensor gone or something. Back to dealer?
Hard reset infotainment system did not help.
I had to completely reset the system to factory settings. And only after that I was able to stop the airflow in the car.

I have taken time to the dealer to solve this problem, but the queues there are very long. I will get there only in a month and a half.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Hard reset infotainment system did not help.
I had to completely reset the system to factory settings. And only after that I was able to stop the airflow in the car.

I have taken time to the dealer to solve this problem, but the queues there are very long. I will get there only in a month and a half.
Hopefully the full reset has done the trick!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.