clutch slipping on cupra

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Hi, ive had my cupra for a few month now, done approx 2000 miles on it. Its stage 2 superchips. The clutch is definately starting to slip, only when i give it some at the minute but will need replacing obviously. Anyone know roughly how much this will cost on a mk2 cupra?

Was just going to go for an oem clutch, although i plan to go for a hpfp and intercooler plus stage 3 map once funds permit. Will the oem clutch be enough for this, and if so how many miles can i expect to get out of an oem clutch at this stage of tune?

The car had 27000 miles on the clock when i got it with one owner, so im thinking he either abused the clutch or had it tuned himself and just put it back to standard before he traded it in to the dealership.

If not oem, what are my options, and anyone whos gone down the upgraded clutch route, which i have no clue about, what sort of expense am i looking at and how many more miles can i expect to get over an oem one?

thanks

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Clutches on the mk2 Cupra are n,t the strongest, but people with mapped cars have got good mileage out of them. It depends on your driving style to a large degree. If you like to keep it in top and put your foot to the floor your gonna wear it out a lot quicker than changing down and using the revs.

Mine was done at 14k but i had 360lb/ft torque so it was only a matter of time. If your going for more power i would deffo go for a stronger clutch. OEM are cheaper of course, but it will start slipping again quite quickly if your last 2k,s of motoring is repeated. I have a Sach,s organic clutch plate and heat treated cover with oem flywheel. Its been ultra reliable and copes well with my spec.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Thanks blade, yeah i first noticed it slipping when i floored it in 6th instead of changing down. If you dont mind me asking, whered you get your clutch set up from, and for how much? ALso, any idea of fitting costs?
Thanks again

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Standard clutch kit is approx £150 from Sere Motors plus fitting.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.