Clutch upgrade options

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Just to add, my manifold was clean and so was my turbo.

Just sayin.......

I know, I know... I'm fast running out of excuses...

Will probably do the intake manifold next - anything to avoid going under the car for a couple of weeks at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rich.T

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Just ordered a standard Sachs clutch with DMF, but was wondering what the torque rating is for it in case I want to go for a map at some point in the future - don't forget I have a diesel, so it's pretty torquey already.

I'm definitely down on power, probably because of turbo vanes, blocked intake manifold and the like, but if when I've sorted all that I still want more oomph, just wanted to know that rating before I fit the standard clutch plate.

mines been on a generic awesome gti map since 2013 on standard clutch and been fine (well im sure it is bought car at 49k and it was all stanadard) i just watch the torque none of this standing starts ect as that what melts the clutch just got to use a bit of common sense, also i did remove the cat as well in 2nd turbo spins out now and 3rd is better since, the standard car give mum car sick due too turbo lag but all smooth now and that don't happen,she just complains when taking her to hospital sometimes now when over taking the slow goers that brake for everything on the road lol

Reactions: iammooks

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I know, I know... I'm fast running out of excuses...

Will probably do the intake manifold next - anything to avoid going under the car for a couple of weeks at least.

To be honest, when i had that car i had all workshop facilities and tools so could play with it whenever I wanted.

Now i dont, id probably leave it until the turbo stopped spinning before i did something about it lol

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
To be honest, when i had that car i had all workshop facilities and tools so could play with it whenever I wanted.

Now i dont, id probably leave it until the turbo stopped spinning before i did something about it lol
If I'm going to take the undertray off to put the timing belt cover back on, I've got the access and the light to do the turbo as well. It's one of those jobs where you're lying on your back reaching up, rather than lying on your side and getting into awkward positions, so that might happen this weekend. The girlfriend wants to borrow the car next week because it's Easter holidays, and when I tell her to be careful not to push it too hard when she first sets off, and to be careful with the brakes etc. she's terrified what's going to happen, so if I can at least get the turbo doing what it's supposed to, it's a start - and no more lying under the car too.

In the end, given I just spunked on a clutch (not literally), I can't afford a new turbo as well, and it seems to be getting worse every time I drive it. Best do it now.

Reactions: Rich.T