Coolant Sensor location

ScottieC

Can anyone tell me where the coolant temp sensor is located on my Leon 18. 20vt.

Just had the engine fault light come on. Diagnosed as engine coolant temp sensor, and I want to check the connections before I go for a new sensor.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Scottie.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
on the RHS, above the gearbox

look for a connector with 4 wires running into it that pokes into a coolant hose

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Swapped one on a mated Golf recently, 5min job to swap. Unclip pull out, push new one in and replace clip.

Quote from previous thread ...
one electrical connector to remove, one plastic circlip, pull out sensor, loose a bit of coolant, fit new sensor (making sure it has a rubber seal and that the old one is still attached to the old sensor and not stuck in place), refit circlip and electrical connector, top up coolant. Job done in about 60 seconds. Dont forget to close bonnet. ; )

We didnt top up the coolant as it must have lost no more than an egg cup full. Stuff some kitchen roll under it before removing to catch the coolant.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
My readings on vag.com shows 93-96 degress,
few weeks ago the temp light flashed when i 1st started my car in the morning.
Will this cause performance problems? how much does this sensor cost around? (may go down to gsf parts)
Hope you guys can help me.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.