Cruise Control DIY

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
cruise is a really useful option and i loved it on my old beeza.

Although BMW cruise is a lot better due to the resume button, or as i call it the knightrider button.

The Mini's party trick is as follows:
Cruise at 80 mph in top gear, go through roadworkd and slow using brakes to 40 all the way through, as soon as brakes touched cruise goes to stand by mode, wait till national speed limit sign, leave in 3rd gear, press RES ( resume ) button and hold on, car acclerates flat out and a lot harder than throttle pedal to get you back up to 80mph. very fun, but does not work in second DOH!

can also cause accidents if accidently triggered.

my ibiza has a resume button. though it wont resume flat out, it resumes to previous set speed in a safe and comfortable manner! [B)]

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
yup,

my dad did mine.

he's done my 54 plate FR,
my mams 08 plate 1.2!
and his own Bora, though a kit was available for that.

Mark

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
i think it was just the same as my diesel...

took him a bit of trial and error getting the right wire to the right place with mine, but once he'd figured out his mistakes he went straight into fitting it to mams no problem.

seatterra

Can Your Dad Tell Us How He Fitted It We Are Struggling Please 01616244909 Thanks

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
dont know if this is any help to anyone, but we used cruise stalks from a Fabia, and wiring diagram of a Polo!

then u need to make a loom up that connects the correct pin in the stalk control to the correct bit of the ecu unit under the drivers footwell.

plenty of guides on here by now..

anybody up north i'm sure my dad would do it for a reasonable price if u are interested in saving yourself the brain ache

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
I have made a PDF up with instructions, photos, parts, wiring etc which is legal ;) The wiring diagram is revised to make it easy for folk to understand and it does so it for each type of ECU (with 2 on Motronic).. send me a PM with an email address for a copy.

Must admit I will be slow answer due travelling.. and hav'na bothered to set up a new website lately and work stops such jinks!:redface:

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
:confused: I got Polo stalks in mine not Fabia. From memory they're completely different as well.

Vdub stalks are rounded on the front edge where Seat ones are flat fronted as you look at them, same as skoda stalks

suppose doesnt really matter 'slong as they work!