Cruise Control DIY

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Vdub stalks are rounded on the front edge where Seat ones are flat fronted as you look at them, same as skoda stalks

suppose doesnt really matter 'slong as they work!

The Skoda stalks are seperate, you can change just the indicator stalk, the SEAT and VW ones are a combined unit and cant be seperated.

I have done a few now all diesels thus far, charge £175 fully fitted.

Done a few petrol Fabias and they are pretty much the same as the diesels.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Point worth making, the 1.4 TDi is the same fitment but for some reason they have a 6Q2 load controller which doesnt support cruise control.

chapelhill

I have made a PDF up with instructions, photos, parts, wiring etc which is legal ;) The wiring diagram is revised to make it easy for folk to understand and it does so it for each type of ECU (with 2 on Motronic).. send me a PM with an email address for a copy.

Must admit I will be slow answer due travelling.. and hav'na bothered to set up a new website lately and work stops such jinks!:redface:

Can you send me a pm with your email as I would like the infor please if it is still available and I am too new to PM. (I work in Aberdeen too sometimes!)

Many thanks
Chapelhill

MrBee

Well, got mine in and connected yesterday. The Polo TDI has a shroud over the ECU negating the easier method of connection directly to the ECU, but I managed to get the cable connected to white 11 pin plug in the dash. WHAT A MISSION!!! I eventually got it connected and then opted for connecting the power connection to the light switch harness.

I never removed the plug, but what i did was connect the cable into the plug using some bendy bones and patience. :) worth it I think...

Chris

simwalsh

Hi mgrays,
Can you send me your guide?
i'm stuck on where exactly the t11a/10 connector goes/splices

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The T11 connector is a proper mission to get to.

I still run the wire out direct to the ECU myself, saves time and works the same.

pin 14 or 15 on the ECU, single white wire (its the only white one).

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
I ran mine to the ECU direct - much easier. Make sure you use the bottom connector on the ECU, not the top one as it has a white wire in a similar position. Just melt the plastic insulation off the wire and solder the new one to it. Then wrap it in insulation tape.

simwalsh

ok i've looked at the wire on the ecu, not much room for manouver, is there any particular point to run the wire through to the engine compartment?

Also where abouts is the T11a connector, is it on the passenger side? i only have wiring diagrams at the moment

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
The wire from the ECU connector goes to a bulkhead connector that you can get to by taking off the cover between the windscreen and engine bulkhead. This has lots of connectors which are into 2 Big connectors.. trouble is that the empty position to get to the wire is on the dashboard side and the Big connectors are fitted from the dashboard side. It is the Right connector as you look at it from the engine side. So the factory solution is to pull the dashboard and that looks like a major job.

My solution was to find a blank hole/cable receptical in the correct Big connector and then push a wire through.. you can reach this from inside. Then solder onto the "white" wire... first checking with a voltmeter that it is the right "white" wire by using a buzzing voltmeter attached to the ECU white wire.

This keeps the wires inside a dry sealed bulkhead and stops me worrying about soldered wires coming loose at the ECU connection...

simwalsh

ok i found a route through on the passenger side through a grommet just under the windshield, it was pretty easy to pull it from the other side through the 'fusebox' cover on the passenger side, and just reach in behind the sound deadening material on the bulkhead. Cruise control works fantastic, thanks guys for all the help.
i managed to crack the windscreen on taking off the grille under the wipers. literally it was chipped off the bottom of the glass the next day i came out and there was a huge crack.... thank goodness for windscreen cover.

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
Have sent you photos of the diagrams we used when doing mine in 2008. (Polo diagram)

hopefully you can read them. If not I can scan them and send again but it'll be a couple of days as I'm busy!

Mark

mw0dbb

I have got the cable and stalk to have a go. The German instructions are very poor! But I understand the description on here.

Still not 100% sure on getting the steering wheel off? I believe there is 2 screw type dzuz fasterners?

John

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise