Cupra Changes Confirmed

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
What they need is a place they can show 1000's of potential customers what their ideas are, and do a bit of free research. :think:

Shame there isn't such a place. :rolleyes:

:blink: oh hello

Are you talking about AutoSport in the new year? :p

amnesia

Edition 30
Apr 17, 2007
West Midlands
Leon is better than a VXR any day of the week, seriously. There is not a better hot-hatch out there. Stay true to Auto Emocion! Lol.

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
Just to throw a spanner in the works here - But I contatced my dealer about the price reduction, new exhaust and body kit etc, and they have flatly denied that any of these changes are going ahead.

Interestingly, he said that the cost of the car is going up in January 2008, but he would not disclose by how much.

Any one else been told by steelers that the price is going up next year?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Irfan did say something about an increase next year

if your dealer doesn't tell you about a forthcoming model, it's because they want to sell you a car now.

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
yeah they're not gonna say, "no mate, dont buy a cupra just now, best wait till new year and get the revised version, it'll look much better and besides i really don't want your commission at this festive time of year" :lol:

Chris B

Jul 28, 2005
From the 1st Jan all Leon prices are going up from between £150 and £300.

The Cupra is going up to £19995.

In the price change bulletin it has an asterix next to the Cupra which states "keep an eye out for the Marketing bulletin on Leon Cupra changes."

This is not speculation guys it is happening.

From what I understand this will be the state of play

LEON CUPRA (VERSION 1) - £19995
STD CAR WITH XENONS AND RIMMS AVAILABLE IN EITHER STD,BLACK OR WHITE (BLACK OR WHITE £205 EXTRA)

LEON CUPRA (VERSION 2) - APPROX - £20500
BODYKIT MINUS XENONS. RIMMS AVAILABLE IN EITHER STD, BLACK OR WHITE (BLACK OR WHITE £205 EXTRA)

(WHETHER THE BODYKIT IS THE SAME AS THE AERO KIT/ PARTLY DIFFERENT OR COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WE ARE UNSURE OF AND WHETHER OR NOT THE XENONS MAY BECOME AN OPTION ON A STD CUPRA TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE AFFORDABLE WE ARE UNSURE OF AS WELL)

I have a feeling the CENTRAL exhaust will be the one from the Aero Kit however and no doubt you will be able to specify the TWIN exhaust if you prefer.

As soon as I have any more info I will post all details.

Last edited:

lasbazrre

Sep 15, 2007
Manchester
You may not even like the new body kit. I hope its different to the areo kit.

I hope it is the Areo kit! as i understand it from reading this thread , there are at least 2 different styles of Cupra's on the road!

STD
Areo/BTCC kit

People with part kits on ( skirts , spoiler, ect )

The last thing we need is a third style of car ( with a new kit on it ) and then the prospect of people having just part of that kit! it's a bit pick n mix, the car is only a year old!

Not happy at the thought of having a out of date car, having just spent a LOT on money on it, and the fact that Seat should of and still should take advice and opinion from there customers on forums like this![:@]

Sorry for the rant

leon

Ginge

Jan 4, 2002
Leyland
Visit site
The bodykit on the pictures of the updated Cupra I saw on Thursday was the Aero kit with the centre exhaust.

SEAT contacted me yesterday to ask me whether I wanted the bodykit on the demo cupra I have ordered. I said yes, but they could not confirm whether it would be a centre exhaust or the twin exhaust, but they would let me know.

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

From what i hear aswell it seems like Aero Kit

Irfan

niddvaleseat

From what i undesrstand the bodykit will be unique to the Cupra and not the BTCC/Aero Kit, so the Cupra will fully stand out in it's own right.

Sorry to add to the confusion but this came from a good source.

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

Tell you what how about we just wait till we actually find out for a fact instead of all this maybe and could be stuff
Just seems to be getting silly as no one knows 100%

:D

Irfan

Al

Aug 29, 2005
When is it going to be released? I have just ordered side skirts and boot spoiler for mine although I have not collected them yet :)

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Only Seat could give you Guys in the know details of a body kit that no one even Knows what it will look like, I mean ffs.:rolleyes:

lasbazrre

Sep 15, 2007
Manchester
I just think Seat are missing the point with these options/changes, the public on here , the hardcore want Seat endorced

Lower springs/coilovers
Dealer remaps ( who would go elsewhere when the dealer could give you the same as Revo , and you still keep your warrenty? )
LSD factory fit, or dealer retro fit
19in wheels

Too name but four , granted they wont be for everyone , but i would have probably had all of the above if they would of been on the options list at a reasonable price!

leon