Cupra Changes Confirmed

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
No the Cupra is the Cupra R. Remember stock the Cupra is knocking out 237 bhp and as most have proved on RR days this figure is closer to 250/260 bhp? Why the hell would you need an R ? A decent remap and you already got 300 bhp, easily a sub 6 sec 0-60 time

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
nobody would buy a 25k SEAT...... especially not one pitched against such a clearly established 'Performance' brand (Ford RS)

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I think the Cupra brand is quite well established among the kind of people who would consider a high performance 4WD hatch.

Doubt it'd be be the biggest selling car ever, but I'd imagine it would sell, even at RS money.

Most people who know a bit about cars recognise the Cupra brand, my plumber even reckons I shoudln't say to people "I've got a Leon", just say "I've got a Cupra".

lasbazrre

Sep 15, 2007
Manchester
Most people who know a bit about cars recognise the Cupra brand, my plumber even reckons I shoudln't say to people "I've got a Leon", just say "I've got a Cupra".

CUPRA

DSC00943.jpg

:p

leon

Muppet

Ive had a Focus RS from New and just bought a New Leon Cupra, from my experience the cupra seems to have much more to offer, i remember driving the focus away from the dealer and thinking yes this is an amazing car just from after a couple of minutes driving it, but it didnt have anything amazing in the performance/power, however the cupra seems to have that fierce power than can only get better with a remap. I agree the car seems to give more than the standard 237bhp (240PS) as advertised, probably in the region of 250-260. The Seat name obviously hasnt got the pedigree of Ford RS but if they continue to produce cars like the cupra then soon enough people will sit up and notice the name/brand alot more.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Cupra at this years Autosport, in silver behind the BTCC car sporting an Aero bodykit.

main.php

Could this be the much fabled bodykit enhancement. Not really that unique really, but this could well just be tarting it up for the show and won't reflect the changed body. We'll have to wait and see.

s3quence

Aug 16, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Cupra at this years Autosport, in silver behind the BTCC car sporting an Aero bodykit.

main.php

Could this be the much fabled bodykit enhancement. Not really that unique really, but this could well just be tarting it up for the show and won't reflect the changed body. We'll have to wait and see.

They should release the one in front! i'd pay 25k for that :p

rrpalma

Dec 24, 2002
Visit site
I was told today that starting on week 22, SEAT will offer both the "regular" version and another one with cosmetic (?) differences. Perhaps someone knows some more details?

Chris B

Jul 28, 2005
The bulletin linked to the Cupra Changes has finally been released and info has been made a sticky by the looks of it. So we now have a Cupra (Std Exterior), a Cupra K1 (Aero Kit with Central Exhaust) and a Cupra K2 possibly following shortly with an entirely different kit (Sources who have seen this have said it looks fantastic). Seat seem to be going for a similiar sort of the set up as the Focus ST 1/2/3 but instead of the changes being linked to the interior they seem to be related to the exterior on the Cupra.

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
The bulletin linked to the Cupra Changes has finally been released and info has been made a sticky by the looks of it. So we now have a Cupra (Std Exterior), a Cupra K1 (Aero Kit with Central Exhaust) and a Cupra K2 possibly following shortly with an entirely different kit (Sources who have seen this have said it looks fantastic). Seat seem to be going for a similiar sort of the set up as the Focus ST 1/2/3 but instead of the changes being linked to the interior they seem to be related to the exterior on the Cupra.

Anyone got any further news on this as I am considering ordering a new Cupra with Irfan and would be gutted if a new Cupra K2 came out looking much better.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I thought that the K1 was a limited edition for Q1 2008 according to ZBOYD's sticky...

To be honest whatever car you buy within a year or so a better version will come along and you've got to bite the bullet at some time.

Look at the comparable hot hatches.

Focus ST is getting a facelift
Astra VXR has a Nurburgring limited edition now
Golf GTi has the Ed 30 and R32 available over the standard GTi

I'd just take the plunge when you can afford to and not worry about the newer versions in the future...

Lance

I thought that the K1 was a limited edition for Q1 2008 according to ZBOYD's sticky...

To be honest whatever car you buy within a year or so a better version will come along and you've got to bite the bullet at some time.

Look at the comparable hot hatches.

Focus ST is getting a facelift
Astra VXR has a Nurburgring limited edition now
Golf GTi has the Ed 30 and R32 available over the standard GTi

I'd just take the plunge when you can afford to and not worry about the newer versions in the future...
I believe that the K1 is indeed a "limited edition" but dealership doesn't seem to be aware (or going public) on any future limited edition variants. anyway, have ordered a "K1" in Luna with inclusive Xenon's (it's a long story!) - looking for delivery on 31st March 2008 to replace my much-loved Cupra R 225 which now seeks new home via Autotrader.

I'd agree, sometimes you just have to 'go for it' , not just with cars but with most things thesedays. As long as you are happy with what you have bought and the deal you have struck just go and enjoy it.

would you truly recommend Autoglym lifeshine ? as a former autoglym user I now prefer Meguiars Gold class polish, especially after a session with a clay bar - really great on 'solid' colours like Flash Red and Black - I eagerly await the results with Luna.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.