Cupra Formentor-CarPlay not working, voice command comes on randomly?

Jul 19, 2023
Have a 2022 or 2023 Formentor for the next 15 days that I received as a rental in Italy. Brand new only has a few hundred km on it.

It idriving me crazy.

1. I’ve connected the phone via usb c. Phone will charge, but when I try to find CarPlay it tells me I don’t have a phone compatible with info links or something like that? I have an iPhone 14.

2. Most annoyingly, as I’m driving the car audio support is constantly coming on every few minutes saying “what would you like to do?” And I have to hit x to cancel it. I’m not pressing the voice button at all. Humorously, when it comes on and I say anything it then says the car doesn’t support voice commands (then why even ask!?).

Any ideas how I can resolve either of these?

thx

V2Formentor

Mar 17, 2023
Go into settings and turn off voice commands, then the only way to activate it should be by pressing the voice button..

Reactions: pbcsd

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
thank you. Any idea about CarPlay? Do I need to download the Cupra app?
No, you do not Cupra app.
Is the car equipped with Full Link? The app is in the infotainment for sure, but maybe it was not purchased so it is not activated and you can not use car play.
If the car does have full link, plug in the phone and hold the voice control button on the steering wheel. It should start the setup.

Jul 19, 2023
No, you do not Cupra app.
Is the car equipped with Full Link? The app is in the infotainment for sure, but maybe it was not purchased so it is not activated and you can not use car play.
If the car does have full link, plug in the phone and hold the voice control button on the steering wheel. It should start the setup.
Ended up being the cable. Tried a different one and it work finally.

Reactions: pivko11
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members