Cupra Options Recommendations.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I have to choose my factory build options for my new Cupra today.

So thought I would ask you lot already running around in Mark 2 Leon's your opinions on the options.

SEAT UK have said that the options are pretty much as is offered on the FR, bar the obvious standard Cupra items like xenons.

Now im pretty sure I want:

Convenience pack
Bluetooth Comms
iPod connection

But is the winter pack worth having? Are the heated seats good.??

Anyone gone for the electric sunroof, its been a longtime since i had a car with a sunroof, so im tempted to have the glass roof :D

Do we reckon its worth the extra £165 for the remaining rear airbags, might be a good selling on point in the future if its fully loaded with airbags, what do you all reckon.

Feedback much appreciated on what you think is worth having.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
no to the roof, yes to the rest

odd that you have to have the options in now considering there is 4 months till we think its launched in march :confused:

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
Heated seats are brilliant at the moment with the cold early mornings. They only take about 30 seconds to heat up.

The bluetooth package is brilliant as long as your phone is compatible.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
heated seats are nice in the winter - some of the pool cars have them & they're a god send. But you only need them on for 5 mins or they roast your ass.

Some options are not mutually compatible though.

Having been round some dealers on Saturday I'd certainly say the number of airbags is a selling feature.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
They are building the dealers demo cars right now.

Basically, dealer has spoken to SEAT UK, as the dealers have to make them aware of the potential orders, and its been communicated back that if they get my factory order in soon, there is a possibility it may come a bit sooner than March.

Not that im in a rush for it, but im also not fussed about it being an 07 plate car, because it will be on private plate anyway, so if i can get it before March 1st, then I'm happy to do so.

SEAT UK have updated the uk site with more Cupra spec, but they have yet not issued a list of options, but the dealer has been told that they are pretty much as the FR.

http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/...delyear=2007,carname=new leon,trim=Cupra.html

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Z, when my dad ordered his FR the ipod kit which goes under the seat put the wait 12 weeks longer. We just got the ipod link that is fitted aftermarket, cheaper and does the same job. Plus its in the glovebox, or anywhere you want it and not under the seat which is possibly a pain to get too.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
I would go for the sunroof as it's nice to have this in the summer to get fresh air without the gust of having side windows open. Also airbags are a good seeling / safety point. I wouldn't bother with heated seats unless you get leather (not even sure this is an option or not). As Mork says, after 5 mins your as is roasted, there are cheaper ways to heat the seat.... :lol:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Apparently been told the heated seats are an option, even on the Cupra's fancy seats.

Waiting isn't a problem for me, i have a lot of patience, apparently :D

The reason they took 12 weeks on your dad's car Andy, is they had built the FR's already, and they tend to build cars in batches, it appears i could be muscling in on the first build, so they need to know asap, and it will be built to order.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Bluetooth Comms - £250.00
Convenience Pack - £195.00
Rear side airbags - £165.00
iPod connection kit - £75.00
Winter Pack - £275.00
Sunroof - £310.00

Metallic Paint - £350.00

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
If rear parking sensors are an option on the Cupra go for them. The rear of the leon isn't the easiest to see out off and I've found them to be really useful so far.

j3ster

I think parking sensors are a dealer fit though rather than factory?

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
I went for the convience pack - a must have, although I'm getting irritated with the number of people who keep running up to me to tell me I've left my lights on.

Also got the optional 18"s on the FR but the Cupra has 18"s as standard.

A big yes to the bluetooth pack, its awesome, works well, impresses everyone who gets in the car and it gives you the the large MFD.

As for the rest wasn't interest in a sunroof, the cupra is supposed to be dark and gloomy inside so why spoil it by putting a sunroof in, wasn't concerned about rear side airbags although I think they all have rear curtin airbags.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Also noticed that the coming home function ( i presume thats the lights on feature) is standard on the Cupra according to the list on SEAT UK, isn't that the convenience pack what else does it include.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If rear parking sensors are an option on the Cupra go for them. The rear of the leon isn't the easiest to see out off and I've found them to be really useful so far.

They were'nt an option on the FR, annoyingly for some, appears so on the Cupra, but i've seen someone has already done a retro fit anyway, one of these that goes behind the number plate?

But i do think dealers can fit these.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise