Cupra Options Recommendations.

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Follow me home lights is standard, as wurzel said the convenience is the auto lights, wipers etc which I think are worth it and very handy nowadays - especially if your used to driving another care with autolights :whistle:

I think I would say...

Yes
===
Met Paint
Bluetooth
Convenience

Maybe
=====
Winter - would be nice
iPod - not too fussed as will swap HU anyway

Not bothered
=========
Sun Roof
Airbags

= £20640

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No idea, it appears they maybe dropping them, as they apparently perform worse than the standard brakes, which are not that standard, they are still as huge.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yes i presume so, USB for USB sticks or USB based players. The iPod kit will be for the iPod direct port i presume, and the headunit should be able to switch tracks on the iPod.

DaveP

Small Member
Oct 3, 2001
Wiltshire
Visit site
I am a bit unsure about rear air bags, apparently you are not to fall asleep with your head near the door (kind of obvious once you think about it).

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
There is already a simlar thread on options here:-

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97786

The winter pack was not available when I ordered my FR and the extra £150 over the heated seats for the heated washers sounds a bit much!!

As for the sunroof I have ordered one on mine as I like the extra light it gives when closed (Leons are quite a dark and dingey place I find, esp. Cupra with black headlinging) and fresh air in summer is better for you than climate (unless on a M'Way or really hot)!!!

xJib

Defiantly the bluetooth kit. As said before it adds the bigger MFD.

Also defiantly get them to fit rear parking sensors, as even if you're a demon parker, you'll be able to fit it in even tighter spaces.

Does the Cupra come with the 3mm AUX jack as standard. If so get an armrest and bung your ipod in there and plug it in to it. Also there is a 12v at the rear of the centre console if you want to plug in a charger.

I wouldn't worry about airbags in the rear unless you have people in the very regally. As I wouldn't pay any more for a second hand one just because its got them.

The only other option is a luggage net in the rear. Stop all your shopping rolling round the boot.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Similar thread, but many of the options of the other Leon's are standard equipemnt on the Cupra. so was just keeping it relevant. ;)

If anyone has the sunroof fitted, does it encroach on the interior headroom?

All good info though folks thanks, helps me decide.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
sunroof.... a good option if you only keep your car 3 years, but every VAG sunroof I've ever had has srpung a leak at some point. Suppose there new glass ones are better though.

Autodim mirrors, autolights, autowipers, heated wipers, washer jets are all good in the UK (seeing that we have on average 197 damp / wet / dark days a year).

The heated seats roast your nuts and give you betty swollocks over setting 2. Its nice on leather seats as they can get cold, but once the chill is removed and 'they' have dropped back down again I'd turn it straight off. Women seem to love it.

Do you get tyre pressure sensors as they are only about £50 and can save your alloys.

Do they do a upgrade pack on the head unit? (Not MP3 upgrade, I mean like an amp / speaker / headunit upgrade)

Airbags - nce to have and make it look like its been bought by someone consciencious rather than a speed freek lunatic ;-)

Metallic paint always good, if the right colours are available.

Haven't seen the options list in full, so just guessing really, but these are all things I would like.

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Z you have picked the bluetooth pack @ £250 upgrade it to the one with MFSW only another £50 i would not be witout mine on the Audi, should also let you skip tracks etc on the stereo and ipod also does the phone book too:D

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Think id go for the heated seats and maybe the sunroof (never had one so something different)
but as for the rear airbags i wouldnt even think about it...but then again i never have people in the back .
Maybe if i had kids...

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Well i've decided and sent over my order info

Metallic Paint (Colour: Inferi Black)
Convenience Pack
Bluetooth Comms Pack includes larger screen
Rear Side Airbags
Winter Pack
iPod Connection

Standard spec doesn't include the full size MFU, the photos we've seen so far have all been pre-production cars, so they tend to chuck lots in them, to impress the journo's

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.