Debadging - people's thoughts

Timm

Feb 25, 2008
Notts
as the title reads really, people's thoughts on debadging the motor. I'm thinking of doing it but not too sure so if people can post pics of theres that would be awesome

Cheers
Tim

:think:

Deleted member 13581

Heres a few pictures.

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
I've been thinking the same. What a difference it makes the back end.

Some people like it and others don't see the point.

But then most people I have asked have pretty much said they would do it, but not sure if you could put the badges back on when it comes to selling up?

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Also, it helps with cleaning. I rebadged mine last year (facelift Ibiza badge plus an FR one) and the dirt gets stuck inside it all. Would probably have been better off debadging to be honest!

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
Everyone seems to think mine's a Leon without the badge :rolleyes:

Even my wife was shocked when I told her it was an Ibiza, and this was after giving her lifts in it for 9 months...

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I think I've removed the badges for every car I've ever owned! And the bump strips on a couple!

I just prefer the smooth clean look. I think keeping the S might be ok, but lose the rest.

Timm

Feb 25, 2008
Notts
Get it done, looks miles better. I had the fr badge and a seat sport sticker on mine but seen the light lol

dude yours looks awesome! my FR is candy white but the rims are black along with the wing mirrors (FR standard 08 plate )

i've taken off the I B I Z A and that looks pretty sweet so doing the FR tomorrow. i took the TDI from the side along time ago...

Thanks for your pics and thoughts peeps, much appreciated!!

Cheers
Tim[B)]

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
when i see a debadged car though i just think they must have a lil 1.2 or sumat i love my engine and like people to know what it is. i just got rid of the SEAT IBIZA but kept the FR and 20VT

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i'm being different, as everyone takes theirs off I keep mine on (although i asked mine to come out of the showroom minus the TDi front wing badges)

might debadge the IBIZA sooner or later