Decision made!

ding-dong

Feb 27, 2008
Manchester
Bought a 56 plate ibiza FR 130 today in emoticon red :p
I go to pick it up on Sunday, cant wait. What little things do you recommend i should do with it? Took out extra 2 year warranty so wont be doing things like lowering or remapping just yet. Wouldnt mind changing the mirror covers to red instead of silver and also the plastic trim, how would i go about changing them? Will get some pics of the car on next week

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
Bought a 56 plate ibiza FR 130 today in emoticon red :p
I go to pick it up on Sunday, cant wait. What little things do you recommend i should do with it? Took out extra 2 year warranty so wont be doing things like lowering or remapping just yet. Wouldnt mind changing the mirror covers to red instead of silver and also the plastic trim, how would i go about changing them? Will get some pics of the car on next week

Congrats m8, I got an 06 in red last week from manchester seat and love it to bits. Is yours the facelift model then? Mine is the one JUST before the facelift. TBH I actually like the mirrors as they are, all my mates say they look weird but they are growing on me slowly. I've only got a 1 yr warranty but only having the car for 2 yrs so fingers crossed! My first "mod" if you can call it that is getting a flip key sorted for it, the remote key they give you looks a bit dated (my bro has got the same key for his mk3 ibiza!). Its seems easy to do, just waiting for my key to arrive so I can sort it out. I've put the link to the thread below.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102433

P.S. Hope you enjoy your car as much as i do! :funk:

ding-dong

Feb 27, 2008
Manchester
Will look into the flip key, i agree mate the keys look rubbish to be honest, dated. Yeah its the facelift, which i wanted, wanted the new bumpers and interior. My mrs bought a black facelift 1.4 sport last month. Them 2 parked on the drive is gonna look strange ahah, good tho!
Cheers for the link mate

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
congrats on the car, nice choice ;)

2 on the drive wont look odd, we have 3!! lol.

isnt it emocion red? emoticons are little face icons. :p

Flip key's a nice mod, though i havent done it. Personally i reckon getting cruise control is the best mod ive done, not that my list is huge.

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
Will look into the flip key, i agree mate the keys look rubbish to be honest, dated. Yeah its the facelift, which i wanted, wanted the new bumpers and interior. My mrs bought a black facelift 1.4 sport last month. Them 2 parked on the drive is gonna look strange ahah, good tho!
Cheers for the link mate

Yeah, I wanted a facelift model with that steering wheel but without that weird looking gearknob! And for some reason I dont like the seats (I think I have weird taste!) TBH I couldnt quite afford that shape anyways but my plan is to get the facelift bumpers if it's not too expensive as it looks a lot more aggressive.

Mark, how easy is it to do this cruise control mod?? Does it benefit your fuel consumption??

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
not exactly easy..

consists of removing steering wheel and airbag, replacing indicator/wiper stalks, making a wiring loom to connect to stalk, wiring the loom in and hiding the wires safely out of the way of the steering, enabling in ECU

and yes definately. cant claim it will improve your MPG, but it definately makes it easier to maintain a higher MPG, which isnt quite the same thing but will still save you money etc.

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
not exactly easy..

consists of removing steering wheel and airbag, replacing indicator/wiper stalks, making a wiring loom to connect to stalk, wiring the loom in and hiding the wires safely out of the way of the steering, enabling in ECU

and yes definately. cant claim it will improve your MPG, but it definately makes it easier to maintain a higher MPG, which isnt quite the same thing but will still save you money etc.

I think ill leave that for now then! :redface: At the moment im really happy with the figures im getting back. Did 160 miles and averaged about 49 mpg and I wasnt being frugal so im more than happy with it!

And yes Ibiza 130 tdi, they are lovely. Quite like your black one tho :drool:

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
i get 50mpg every single day on my 30 mile drive to and from work, thats with a fairly normal to fairly spirited driving style. mostly dual carriage way but with lots of roundabouts and i always find the need to accelerate with full potential after leaving each one!

if i drive it lightly, stick to 60mph, accelerate whilst changing gears before 2000 revs, and use cruise control to maintain 60, it'll see 60-65 mpg on my 30 mile route.

ding-dong

Feb 27, 2008
Manchester
congrats on the car, nice choice ;)

2 on the drive wont look odd, we have 3!! lol.

isnt it emocion red? emoticons are little face icons. :p

Flip key's a nice mod, though i havent done it. Personally i reckon getting cruise control is the best mod ive done, not that my list is huge.

oops :p

How does one go about colour coding the mirrors and the black trim down the side?

Davidsr

PD 172
Mar 13, 2009
Blackpool
Did you go to look at that FR in Hobins in the end or not bother?

Pick my FR up tomorrow morning, can't wait!

For the black trim down the side I think you'll need to buy a new set from Seat, as there is some adhesive on them. Case then of just getting them painted and put on the car.

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
Did you go to look at that FR in Hobins in the end or not bother?

Pick my FR up tomorrow morning, can't wait!

Think the one your on about at hobins is the one I got! Had mine for a week and love it, im a bit jealous of my bro though, he's gone to pick up his brand new mk5 ibiza sc in white :cry:

i get 50mpg every single day on my 30 mile drive to and from work, thats with a fairly normal to fairly spirited driving style. mostly dual carriage way but with lots of roundabouts and i always find the need to accelerate with full potential after leaving each one!

I know what you mean! I was on the east lancs and everytime I got to a roundabout I got excited, it's the same with slip roads.....why build up your speed slowly?! ha ha

Davidsr

PD 172
Mar 13, 2009
Blackpool
Think the one your on about at hobins is the one I got! Had mine for a week and love it, im a bit jealous of my bro though, he's gone to pick up his brand new mk5 ibiza sc in white :cry:

Not sure it is, was there last Sunday test driving and had two Zenith Grey FR's and a Zenith Grey Cupra still for sale.

Saw a nice Candy White FR for sale but was a little out of my range.

ding-dong

Feb 27, 2008
Manchester
yeah saw that candy white one on the website, looked amazing :) but yeah a little to pricey. Im pretty certain ill be happy with my purchase, even tho im coming from a mk 1 leon cupra it still felt nippy on the test drive. roll on sunday! cheers st ill have a look at that thread

ding-dong

Feb 27, 2008
Manchester
Got my car yesterday and am pleased with it. The only thing is this morning coming home from work when i started it up there was like a squeaking coming from under the bonnet, opened it up and the belt on the far left thats visible seemed to be squeaking? Car is under warrenty is it something i should be concerned about? Will make the car sound rubbish if i leave it tho!

ding-dong

Feb 27, 2008
Manchester
Here is the motor parked up at work

23032009547.jpg

23032009546.jpg