diagnosis / excessive pollution

morgus

Nov 7, 2007
it's what the engine symbol on my leon cuprat tdi indicates. Symbol comes on at ignition and just stays on - is it a faulty light or could it be summat more sinister ?

morgus

Nov 7, 2007
cheers googies , loads of sound advice in there . This morning was driving to work and after about 20 mins the ABS TCS symbols both lit up - car continues to drive perfectly well - wasgoinon mun ? Thing is my Seat garage is 50 odd miles away and it''s bloody inconvenient to have to take it up there - but i guess that's the only option yea ?

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Im not sure on what it could be myself. someone on here may come along to help though. WAY more knowledgable than myself, im still a newbie on these things by accounts! You can check the sensors on exhaust to seeif they working. I think vag-com can run logs of lambda sensors etc.

morgus

Nov 7, 2007
Braking systems lights have disappeared - hurrah -. car has obviously cured itself . engine pollution light is still on but i think i can live with that till the next service in a few months .

Torquemonster

Nov 20, 2007
it's what the engine symbol on my leon cuprat tdi indicates. Symbol comes on at ignition and just stays on - is it a faulty light or could it be summat more sinister ?

:) My cousin has the same motor as yours.A rare beastie indeed!.He's had the same prob as you.Seat dealer told him it was his particulate filter.Say's it's cause he does lots of short runs,with the engine rarely getting the chance to warm up right.Not a problem,they clean it at the service.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.