Diagnostics Light on Leon Cupra

Motty

Hi,

I had the diagnostics light come on in my 03 Cupra a couple of week ago. The car has been running fine before and since it had come on. I found this morning that it has decided to go off all by itself when I started it. Do I need to be worried? I was gonna book it in to get it looked at but should I bother?

Cheers,

:confused:

Motty

longman

Stumped!
Mar 13, 2007
Nr Maidstone, Kent
It might be worth it, just in case. Even though the light has gone off, there will still be a fault code logged and it could save you a problem later on.

I would be tempted to book it in for a diagnostic check, even if you then fix the problem yourself.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
It could be nothing... if the light has gone off it could have just been a sensor giving odd readings for a while. But it could also be something more serious that will develop into a nasty problem.

To be honest, you should have had it checked out when it first happened, but I'd definitely recommend getting it looked at now, just in case it is the start of something bigger.

Bizz

Feeling the extra power
Apr 4, 2006
Darlington/Norwich
My old cupra's diagnostic light used to come on and go off how it pleased, sometimes over 10 miles others over 500 miles.

it turned out to be the vehicle speed sensor sending erratic readings every now and then.

its just a simple check with vag-com and I'd recommend having a look

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise