Does anyone else think...'Why do i bother?'

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I know LOADS of you know the problems i have had over the last month with my car, mostly people messing me around and just doing unnecessary damage and generally giving me :censored: but i am getting to the point now where i really have had enough of it!

I spend SO much money on my car and keep getting things go wrong, one after the other that i am pretty much scared of driving her! I love the car to bits and this is not a thread saying im going to sell up at all as that is not even in my mind but i just feel i need to express how i have been feeling and see if anyone else has had similar problems really

I am discriminated against ALL the time because i am a lady into cars and people doubt my knowledge, no im not a mechanic but i know more than some people and it upsets me that i get treated differently because of stereotypes

Here is a list of things that have happened in the last two weeks:-

1. Went to SEAT to have the rust on my boot looked at, they said they wouldnt sort it under Warranty! They took my car into the workshop to pump my tyre up and replace a bulb in one of my fog lights! They at some point in there dented my wing and i had gone straight home and seen this and they continued to tell me it was them...after some heated discussions they said they wouldnt admit liability but they will get it resprayed for me

2. Car went in to be resprayed and i asked them not to wash it as i take pride in my paintwork (as most of you have seen and know) and didnt want my efforts demolished! So got it home and there was some polish overspray all over the bonnet...i took it straight back and they did take it off but said we would have taken it off before if you had of let us wash it! It wasnt until i got home i saw the damage they had done to the paintwork by making HUGE swirl marks! So even if i had of got them to wash it they would still have had to take off the overspray of polish which means i would still have got swirl marks! I wouldnt have been able to go back and say anything as i didnt notice until i got home so i left it

3. Bearing in mind i have two ting dents from people in car parks too, only small but still VERY frustrating

4. I had the 60,000 Service, Cambelt, Tensioners & Water Pump done, car is running perfect but cost me LOADS of money

5. My bottom hose split so i had to have that replaced which was expensive

6. I had two of four new Samcos fitted! As you have probably read, ever since they were put on they popped off as the old clip was still on the Intercooler Pipe so the room for the new hose was restricted, well the original hose is back on and it was still coming off! The car has been pulling up two fault codes and everytime cleared they would come back! Now the old clip is off there is more room for the hose to sit on the ridge of the Intercooler Pipe it seems to be sitting better and as far as i know the fault codes are not there but i havent had VAG COM done since Friday and i had problems Saturday so they may be back! Now the car is still being strange, its a bit lumpy when i first start it cold as it sits at about 1.2RPM and then goes down to 0.8RPM it just doesnt feel as smooth as normal and this morning it nearly cut out when i first started her

Also had to call the RAC out twice in two days for this reason too

Now i know i had these problems last week but that was because the hose wasnt on properly and the old clip was still on there but now the hose is suppose to be on properly and its still causing problems?

I have never had any faults come up on my car before and to see two now and knowing whats causing them really upsets me

Any ideas?

Im not doing this thread to have people tell me im wrong or i have done things in the wrong way, im doing it for help so please dont give any shirty remarks as its not fair

I know its long and i had a bit of a rant but i just feel so let down and upset about it all and wish it was running like it was after i had my Service which i spent half of my wages on :cry:

Thank you all

Last edited:

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
I know the feeling cupratgirl, Igot payed last week, bought my exhaust looking forward to getting it fitted on & it turns out once ive got it to the garage Ive been sent an exhaust for a LEON not Ibiza!!!!!

Had to send backbox back to get it swapped, then my car started overheating, a/c broke & the car just generally beeing anoying!!!:(

So I can totally understand ur frustration, Ive just spanked half my wages & still havent got my exhaust fitted so your not alone !!!;)

Keep ur chin up girl!

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Alex,.. my little red shed keeps battling thru' .. all-beit split hoses recently set it back, but with the problems ( accidents) recently with the Mk4, im seriously considering getting shot as soon as its fixed and looking at alternatives.. but in answer to your question, yes , I think anyone that looks after their car and has problems gets very frustrated at times..:(

Awww I feel for you.... :cry:

My last mk2 ibiza was continual one thing after another, then the bodywork went tits up.....

I went through front wishbones, cambelt etc, 2 sets of spark plugs, leads were wrong fitment twice so unnecessary journeys, distributer, rotor arm, shockys, tyres (8 of), ehaust was down a 40 mile one way journey 4 times also cause the s/s system kept breaking rubbers.....

Someone even keyed it twice on the same side within a week of each time....

I was very depressed at the time.....made me embarassed that my car had turned into a bodywork hell hole, through no fault of mine.....

Thing is though, mine was near enough 10 years old.....yours is only a few :)

Stick with it and you'll no doubt get all these nigling things sorted soon enough and have it back to the car you bought, or better :)

Motoring is stressful at times, especially when your skint like me ;)

Theres good times to come :)

Cupra 200bhp

Yeah defo know how you feel. I was like that with my very first Black Ibiza Cupra was like this alot having fault codes etc come up and having to spend money on it every other week(Couldnt plan anything incase i had to spend money on getting something else fixed). i have been bit luckier the past 3months of owning my ihi ibiza tho, not had to spend any "stupid" money on fault codes etc only had to buy two new tyres.

Your wages are never your own when the car plays up like that, its always half to 1/4to you and 3/4 to the car haha :wtf:

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Yeah but the thing is the car is only going wrong because of things being 'changed!'

It was SO good after my Service i should have just left her alone

If anyone ever asks me why i dont mod the car, this is why! I spend too much time and money sorting out other things with her and to be honest im not going to do anything other than suspension now

Last edited:

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
unfortunately car park dings do happen, you should see my doors

as for the garage, rule of thumb is i always go over the car especially the corners and wheels to check for damage, once you leave its a lot harder to prove they did it.

the hose problem, why was the OE clip still on? are you using good quality jubilees to hold it on? who put it on for you?

as for the rough running, could be a number of things, poor quality fuel, clogged fuel filter, maf, n75

i would stay away from the dealer and seek help from a garage/tuner with the knowledge to look after your car

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Watch this thread get 20 pages.

Anywa....

Possibly the coolant sensor in the bay for the lumpy start up?

Why is the old clip still on teh hose? The spring butterfly one? Bin it and get some decent jubilees on it. Got nothing to do with the type of hose thats on, more to do with the clamp or the possible oil thats on the surfaces.

knocks and bumps are a fact of life unfortunately.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Saul said:
unfortunately car park dings do happen, you should see my doors

as for the garage, rule of thumb is i always go over the car especially the corners and wheels to check for damage, once you leave its a lot harder to prove they did it.

the hose problem, why was the OE clip still on? are you using good quality jubilees to hold it on? who put it on for you?

as for the rough running, could be a number of things, poor quality fuel, clogged fuel filter, maf, n75

i would stay away from the dealer and seek help from a garage/tuner with the knowledge to look after your car

Yeah i know its just frustrating as it seems to be one thing after the other when i spend SO much money on it and i never get to do anything to the car as im always sorting out problems that are not the cars fault

The OE was still on by mistake, is hard to see and thought it was off, its off now and the hose is on properly or at least i think it is! Im using strong jubilee clips so i think its ok?

I use Optimax all the time and had a new MAF about six months ago?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
PhilW said:
Watch this thread get 20 pages.

Anywa....

Possibly the coolant sensor in the bay for the lumpy start up?

Why is the old clip still on teh hose? The spring butterfly one? Bin it and get some decent jubilees on it. Got nothing to do with the type of hose thats on, more to do with the clamp or the possible oil thats on the surfaces.

knocks and bumps are a fact of life unfortunately.

Why 20 pages?

Yeah that was what the second fault code was throwing up? My temperature sensor? This only happened after i had got and cleared the other fault code?

It has jubilee clips on there now but there is oil inside the pipe and i dont think thats helping as that has gone onto the Intercooler Pipe now too so may be the grip isnt as good?

The bumps and dents are a fact of life but i was just expressing my frustration with how many i have had along with everything else

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Just joking that your threads always attract a lot of attention for some reason. lol.

You said that the original clip was still on there so there wasnt much purchse on the hard pipe, has that been taken off now?

Check if you have the green coolant sensor. Its just to the right and under the charge pipe.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
PhilW said:
Just joking that your threads always attract a lot of attention for some reason. lol.

You said that the original clip was still on there so there wasnt much purchse on the hard pipe, has that been taken off now?

Check if you have the green coolant sensor. Its just to the right and under the charge pipe.

Yeah the OE clip has been removed and replaced with a jubilee clip but i felt this morning after it was lumpy when i started it (nearly cut out) and it does feel quite greasy down there?

What does the sensor look like by the charge pipe? What other sensor is there other than the green one?

flashbsd

sometimes i wander why i bother, Alex came to a meet, i said bring the hoses, We fitted them, and even though i burnt my hand about 5 times on piping hot coolant pipes, i obviously missed the OE clip still on the plastic pipe, and yet still get hassle, now its being blamed for causing other problems.

Things go wrong with cars, youve had nothing compared to me TBH. I used to be bothered about the car, now its a luxury and not a life.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
flashbsd said:
sometimes i wander why i bother, Alex came to a meet, i said bring the hoses, We fitted them, and even though i burnt my hand about 5 times on piping hot coolant pipes, i obviously missed the OE clip still on the plastic pipe, and yet still get hassle, now its being blamed for causing other problems.

Things go wrong with cars, youve had nothing compared to me TBH. I used to be bothered about the car, now its a luxury and not a life.

Hey hey, i wasnt blaming you at all i didnt even say your name...im just really worried as im supposed to be driving to Cornwall on Saturday and i dont have much time to sort it out

My knowledge on cars doesnt go as far as telling me if this is related to the hose thing or if its something else

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.