Does anyone else think...'Why do i bother?'

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
Such is life as a car enthusiast!!!

One step forward - two back!

For me over fettling can be a nightmare and I've often found myself creating problems where there where none! But mainly it is the actions of others that create the most!

Accepting very few things are perfect is the hard bit - so long as your winning the battle for the good outwaying the bad:)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I have booked my car in to my local garage, they do all the work on her unless SEAT do something

They have ordered a Temperature Sensor which they will fit as well as checking things over

So whats the different between a Green and a Blue one? Is it ok to have got a Green one for it?

Also does anyone know if there is much labour from a garage to fit it? I know you said it was pretty quick but i just wondered if there can be any difficulties fitting it?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
jedi knight said:
Hey chin up, hope you get your car sorted out :)

Don't forget you've still got your horse if all else fails :bounce: :bounce:

Ha ha! Ive got to book it first, i cant just go when i want to

Pay & Ride, i suppose thats what we do in our cars too :lol:

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
You ride bobbos then Alex?

Hurts to have a baby if you ride for too long, thats why i had to give it up :(

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
I'm not sure the ins and outs, but giving birth after you have ridden for many years can be alot more painfull. Something to do with the muscles you build "Down There" or something.

Do you compete?

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
I read the first page then jumped to this last page.... strange topic change ;)

To put my two pennies worth in, I have gone through what you are going through with many of my previous cars, 99% of the time after modding cars, I now use the 'don't fix what aint broke' mentality and only mod when I know its 99% going to be fine afterwards, this does mean however I dont do half as much modding as other people though, but I'm happy with it.

You'll get everything right again, I'm sure.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
TimD said:
I'm not sure the ins and outs, but giving birth after you have ridden for many years can be alot more painfull. Something to do with the muscles you build "Down There" or something.

Do you compete?

Oh well i have heard that the tissues tear down there if your a rider the same as if you lose your V plates or are a dancer

I have done on my friends horse years ago and i used to work at a stables and look after about 15 horses, on my own at times and i was only about 14! There was a beautiful stallion, mare & foal there along with some unbroken horses too

I had a really serious accident when i was working there and ended up not riding for about eight years! I did ride again in the last year a couple of times and still have all my experience i just need to build the muscle up again in my back and strengthen it

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Spanky said:
I read the first page then jumped to this last page.... strange topic change ;)

To put my two pennies worth in, I have gone through what you are going through with many of my previous cars, 99% of the time after modding cars, I now use the 'don't fix what aint broke' mentality and only mod when I know its 99% going to be fine afterwards, this does mean however I dont do half as much modding as other people though, but I'm happy with it.

You'll get everything right again, I'm sure.

Thank you i think she is just having a moment, i suppose she is on 64,000 miles now which is around the age everything starts to need replacing, you know?

I like your saying though 'Dont fix what aint broke' ;)

Thats VERY true!

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
I stopped riding when i went to big school, couldn't take the ridicule so started playing football instead. :D

I always wanted my own horse but my parents said i wouldn't be able to get up at the crack of dawn every morning to feed it, etc. In heindsight they were right on the money but at the time i was devestated!

I rode at a local riding school, and spent many weekends away at friends helping them compete in dressage. I never competed myself but would of loved to have done it.

All good fun, i only came off 3 times. They say you need have been off atleast 7 times to be a real rider, stuff that i was happy 6 foot in the air!

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
As for the car, i used to let every little thing that was wrong with my cars get me down. At the moment my car needs an ABS sensor so my dash is lit up complaining about that.

It will get sorted when i can be bothered, my money is being spent on more important things at the moment! I have no plans to get rid any time soon so the little niggles will get ironed out sooner or later :)

May 2, 2006
my missis has got horses, 2 of them, one is dead small (14hands) and the other one is Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge (17+hands) she competes all the time in different events, dessage, show jumping etc ..... wouldnt get me near them again tho, only been on the farm once and got knocked clean out when i got wolloped in the face by one !! hurt like hell when i woke up .......... il just stick to 4wheels :)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
TimD said:
I stopped riding when i went to big school, couldn't take the ridicule so started playing football instead. :D

I always wanted my own horse but my parents said i wouldn't be able to get up at the crack of dawn every morning to feed it, etc. In heindsight they were right on the money but at the time i was devestated!

I rode at a local riding school, and spent many weekends away at friends helping them compete in dressage. I never competed myself but would of loved to have done it.

All good fun, i only came off 3 times. They say you need have been off atleast 7 times to be a real rider, stuff that i was happy 6 foot in the air!

Yeah thats right! I didnt even fall off though or get kicked off, i was tramped on :cry:

Last edited:

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
David_smith_909 said:
my missis has got horses, 2 of them, one is dead small (14hands) and the other one is Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge (17+hands) she competes all the time in different events, dessage, show jumping etc ..... wouldnt get me near them again tho, only been on the farm once and got knocked clean out when i got wolloped in the face by one !! hurt like hell when i woke up .......... il just stick to 4wheels :)

Yeah i prefer riding bigger ones, i think 16-17 hands is about what i would look to ride now

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.