Does anyone else think...'Why do i bother?'

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
CupraTgirl said:
Yeah i know its just frustrating as it seems to be one thing after the other when i spend SO much money on it and i never get to do anything to the car as im always sorting out problems that are not the cars fault

The OE was still on by mistake, is hard to see and thought it was off, its off now and the hose is on properly or at least i think it is! Im using strong jubilee clips so i think its ok?

I use Optimax all the time and had a new MAF about six months ago?

it could well be the coolant sensor as already mentioned, i would recommend you purchase yourself vag-com to help you diagnose future issues

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
PhilW said:
your threads always attract a lot of attention for some reason.
:think:

flashbsd said:
I used to be bothered about the car, now its a luxury and not a life.
You're right there. I got a scratch on the rear bumper of my ST two weeks after I got it and it's now covered in numerous stone chips and parking dinks, but at the end of the day it's only a car and if I was really that bothered I could spend money on getting them sorted. For me though, a car is a tool for getting from A to B and if I can have some fun in the middle then so much the better, but there's more to life than just cars.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Saul said:
it could well be the coolant sensor as already mentioned, i would recommend you purchase yourself vag-com to help you diagnose future issues

I had VAG COM done on it and i got this fault code

17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation

I think that was linked with the air leak but the other fault code i dont have but i know it said temperature sensor, intermittent or something!

I should be able to have a look on VAG COM tonight and see what its saying

Oh and my rear speakers were showing some fault but thats ok as i think its related to my sub and amp :lol:

CupraTgirl said:
Ha ha! Oo er

I have to find out how to check its broken first :(

You'll not be able to tell by inspecting in visually, either VAGCOM (Which you said already has the fault code) or trial and error swapping it....

Yeah IIRC its pull out and plug new one in.....

And as said do it when the car is cold.....first thing in the morning etc....

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Cupra 200bhp said:
Take up two spaces when parking your car, that way you wont get any parking dings. Thats what i do, people get pi**ed off with it but saves me having to spend £40 getting dings taken out the door

Thats a good idea!

I have done that a coupe of times, obviously space dependant :lol:

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
andythom said:
You'll not be able to tell by inspecting in visually, either VAGCOM (Which you said already has the fault code) or trial and error swapping it....

Yeah IIRC its pull out and plug new one in.....

And as said do it when the car is cold.....first thing in the morning etc....

Is first thing in the morning the only time to do it? Could i do it at a lunch?

It would have been sitting for about four hours?

Cupra 200bhp

Yeah i just park where no one else likes to park i.e. few minutes walk from a shopping centre or last floor on multi storey car park etc (Watch when parking in them tho i got a ticket and had to pay for two spaces in Leeds :lol: but was worth it imo)

KaraK

Suspiciously Absent
Feb 28, 2003
Cumbria, UK
Visit site
I know how you feel mate, I really do - I had several occasions when I owned the scoob when felt exactly the same. The solution I always found that worked best was once it was all running right to take it for a good ole fashioned blast down my favourite roads and remind myself why I fell in love with the car in the first place. Then I'd give it a damn good clean.

I honestly think that if that had ever failed to give me the right "buzz" about the car I'd have sold up on the spot.

Not sure if it'll work for you but I thought I'd share!

cheers,

Andy