dog bone mounts?

R Power

R Power
May 19, 2008
Coventry
Hi guys,

Im curious in knowing exactly what would be the advantage of dog bone mounts? am i right in saying they are just the engine mounts? and if so.... why would be the point in changing these?

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Its the one that stabilizes the engine "rock" and basically connects the engine to the chassis.

For £15 you will not believe the difference this will make, moving from a sloppy 10p OEM mount to a nice firm stable polyurethane mount. In the cupra it aids in reducing wheel hop, i.e wheel sping and loss of power applied.

Jimski

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
No not really fella, just support the engine with a jack, undo 4 bolts, and the actual mount itself comes off, you then undo a tensioning bolt on the mount, swap over the blocks of material and replace all as you found it.

Now be careful as these bolts are "stretch bolts", i personally didnt buy any more, and just torqued them up to the required settings.

Have a fish using the search thingy at the top of this page, and you'll find a guide i think.

Alternatively, http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=503&Itemid=6

will give you the settings needed. All in all, first attempt at this will take you, half an hour to an hour?

Jimski

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
The powerflex mount that forge do does give the odd bit of cabin vibrations but seen as your the only one that knows it there and there for a good reason - id say it does a bloody good job for under £20. Just be sure to put plenty of the copper grease that coems with it around bothe parts.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
cabin vibrations at idle can be removed by upping your idle one number on vagcom :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.