DSG 7 rattling NOISES! HELP PLEASE!

najiabinader

Thanks both for your reply.

The weird thing, which i forgot to mention, is that i test drove another seat ibiza, 10 kms, and it was doing the same noises!!!!

Might be a bad batch or something?????

Really confused!

najiabinader

Hey Garethrobson,

I am from Lebanon.

As you know, lebanon is a very small country, and there is only one dealer for Seat !!!

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
hmm, seems the only way you would be able to get it sorted is if you can show the manager that your friends model isnt making noises and see what he says. Then if he is still denying it, seek legal advice...

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Yeah, convenient for that dealer if they are the only one there isn't? they therefore assume they can just push everyone around and get away with it. I would not stand for it and trust me, bad press can ruin any company. Go to the papers mate.

najiabinader

another update:
Today, when i arrived home, and while moving from D to N, i heard a noise: tac tac, like two metal pieces banging together.
i tried it like 5 times in a row, and did the same thing, tac tac!!!!

btw, since day one, i haven't used the radio, since i'm always trying to follow on the noises coming from the gearbox!!!!

Shame on you Seat! Shame shame shame shame shame!!!!!!!

najiabinader

i uploaded two youtube movies showing the noises.

awaiting for your comments!

youtube.com/watch?v=pzSoTW3-yOU

youtube.com/watch?v=sv5W8LO1m68

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
mmmmmm can't really here that well but I can hear a sort of clunking noise in the second vid and that defo don't sound right mate.

najiabinader

i'll try to make another movie, but at the beginniing, you can hear the sound well if you crank up your volume a little bit.

It's like two metal things banging together :S

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
tomorrow, i'm going back to the dealership ,to try and talk to the manager.

Also, i'm going to ask them to document the fact that since the moment i took the car, i had this DSG problem which they said it is something normal.

I'm really frustrated.

a while ago, i took the car for a spin, and when moving from 3rd gear to 2nd gear, the change was very harsh, like you pushed the brakes (which i didn't).

I can't beleive all the problems and the car has only less than 500 kms!

please excuse my bad english...
You could try a volkswagen/Skoda dealer ship and just see if they confirm your findings and THEN confront the SEAT agent and copy your comment to the SEAT.es . Good luck and don't let them get away with this. ....................................... and your english is great - better than some of ours ?@!!

jammymark

Apr 23, 2010
Nottingham
I've got an '09 FR Tsi with DSG 7 and can say i've no noise or harshness problems at all after 8000 miles. The only things it does is make a very quiet clunk when you stop in drive and select neutral which must be the gearbox solenoids releasing the cogs so that neither shaft is engaged (as you would if you selected neutral in a normal gearbox). Your dealer is definately in the wrong for saying theres no fault.

M3rta

Mar 20, 2010
today i drove my fr with my window open and i did hear the exact same noise as you have. sh*t i gonna give my dealer a call right away got only 250km on it.

edit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5F0H8JWu38
that is a video of a audi with the exact same noise only its much better to hear it than in your video.

Last edited:

hatemahmed75

hello evrybody
I`m Hatem from Egypt
I have seat ibiza 2010, I have the same noise as you have.
tomorrow i`ll go to the seat dealer services center .

najiabinader

don't bother going to the dealer!
they will tell you this is something normal!
i went to the dealer 5 times, and that's what they said!
shame on you seat!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I had a good listen last night but could not hear anything apart from when changing from "N" to "D" i did hear a soft clinking noise but I would assume that is normal as the box is sliding the selctor into and out of gear. Otherwise, while I was driving all seemed fine and quiet so I would defo say you have a problem mate.

najiabinader

I had a good listen last night but could not hear anything apart from when changing from "N" to "D" i did hear a soft clinking noise but I would assume that is normal as the box is sliding the selctor into and out of gear. Otherwise, while I was driving all seemed fine and quiet so I would defo say you have a problem mate.

Mk2_cupra I'm happy that you don't have these noises, but you should try driving your car on a bad road or an bumps and check if there are noises.

Do you guys think that there is a bad batch of dsg or something?