engine warning light

shortstock

was just engine managment light with old maf ......... and just traction control light with new one .omg .....whos right whos wrong......lol

shortstock

well went to work (5 mile) this morn steady away ...... ran good no light ....... on the way home was ok for 1st 3 mile then decided to boot it hard ...... miss fart light come on ........ is it the new maf ????? or summert else ??

NJG

Black Magic
Apr 13, 2003
Devon
Visit site
Recurring Nightmares!!!

Oh Dear! Oh Dear! :(

Bosch must be making a mint on all those duff Maf's that need replacing!!

I had my Maf exchanged today (3rd one since 2001 - so not bad really) at my dealer. £64+ vat , and I was told it comes with a 2 year warranty. I also decided to have a new Cooler sensor fitted.

Originally when this all started with the jerky acceleration etc etc.. The Traction Control light would come on and stay on for no reason, until the engine was stopped, and restarted. I had the coil packs replaced over time, and this made a big difference. These were another blight with the Mk1's!

shortstock

well the nice man off ebay sent me a replacemnet maf today .just fitted ..guess what same running **** ..... so put old maf back on .... and back running lots betta but still rough on tickover ..but miles betta ...... so gonna return BOTH mafs get me money back and order on through euro car parts .thanks for all ur help guys .....top forum

shortstock

also just noticed a pipe coming off the top of the rocker is split comes from front of rocker goes to the main pipe maf is on weird to expain as it is a pipe with two feeds at front going to one which goes to the maf pipe .. looks like there is some sort of vavle on the maf pipe end .just under the dump vale .. part no on pipe is 06a 103 221 ah ........ where can i get this pipe from guys ???????????

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
also just noticed a pipe coming off the top of the rocker is split comes from front of rocker goes to the main pipe maf is on weird to expain as it is a pipe with two feeds at front going to one which goes to the maf pipe .. looks like there is some sort of vavle on the maf pipe end .just under the dump vale .. part no on pipe is 06a 103 221 ah ........ where can i get this pipe from guys ???????????

That's your crankcase breather pipe (oil). You'll only get that from a dealer.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise