Foldy mirrors? Opinions!!

sureal

05 LCR Foldy mirror thingys on and working (it wont fit in my garage without them)

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
seems the same as the last few times its been discussed, in that nobody including Seat themselves know why some have foldy mirrors and some dont. Mine are heated and electric but dont fold (04LC). Wonder if there is an option on Vagcom to turn them on or off?

Really strange why some do and some dont!!

mattybfc

My 54 plate LCR has heated folding mirrors and they are great in the winter and I usually leave them folded in to stop the trend in my area of smashing them off....!

sjtscott

Now with added Revo! :-)
Apr 15, 2003
London UK
Visit site
Its pretty simple, if you opted for the leather electric seats like I did with my cupra you got the heated and folding mirrors with that option.
Early Sport models had this standard.
So basically if you have a cupra (not an R) with cloth seats 2001- its unlikely to have electric folding mirrors.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
seems the same as the last few times its been discussed, in that nobody including Seat themselves know why some have foldy mirrors and some dont. Mine are heated and electric but dont fold (04LC). Wonder if there is an option on Vagcom to turn them on or off?

Really strange why some do and some dont!!

Did you ever find out if they could be made foldy using vag-com or the like? as would like to do mine, but no loss if not possible.

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
You can't make them foldy with vagcom, there isn't a motor to move them.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
You can't make them foldy with vagcom, there isn't a motor to move them.

so if i got the required motor and cables and switch and other required components, (god it's hard asking a question sometimes), would vag-com be able to help in allowing this feature to be used or will the above for mentioned items be sufficient to make this possible?

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I can't see that you'd need VAG-COM in that situation - I'd imagine it's a fairly basic electrical circuit for it to work

Banana Man

Team Banana
Apr 24, 2006
Kent
www.teambanana.org
Have a 03 LCR with teardrop heated folding mirrors. They only heat when you turn heated rear screen on. I also got a heated discussion with GF over who's driving. I did not pay for that. It came free but I am still paying for it. ha ha

Proc

Dec 24, 2007
Sheffield
Mine is an 01 LC and thats got foldy mirrors, controlled by the small switch on the drivers door. Don't think they're heated tho, but not had any ice on them to tell properly yet.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members