Foldy mirrors? Opinions!!

Romeoisgraham

Mr Harris
Aug 14, 2007
On the run
public.fotki.com
Ive had a search and am loosing my patience.......... Ive not got foldy mirrors and i want them, How easy or hard is it to buy the parts and fit them to have the foldy mirrors. Anyone know what I need to do for The Raven to have this.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
have seen the new (with indicators in them) for 110 each (big ouch)
not sure about cabling, but you will then need the switch
saw one on ebay & missed it by 23pence (damn it) and again not sure if anything else is needed

i have asked before if the wing mirrors already have the motors in them, but nobody knows

have part number for the window/mirror block, but on vagcat it isn't recognised.
part number on block: 1J4 959 857D
ebay item: 160208882320

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
well next time someone who was electric folding mirrors needs to replace some mirror glass they will have to check if the unit has the motor inside it. apart form new mirrors you would also need a new switch so that you can turn it all the way round to the bottom. mine has a little icon at the bottom of the knob which is how I found them in the first place. if you've got the icon you've got electric folding mirrors I would imagine, as the switches without the icon probably cant spin the knob all the way to the bottom??

Romeoisgraham

Mr Harris
Aug 14, 2007
On the run
public.fotki.com
well next time someone who was electric folding mirrors needs to replace some mirror glass they will have to check if the unit has the motor inside it. apart form new mirrors you would also need a new switch so that you can turn it all the way round to the bottom. mine has a little icon at the bottom of the knob which is how I found them in the first place. if you've got the icon you've got electric folding mirrors I would imagine, as the switches without the icon probably cant spin the knob all the way to the bottom??

No it dont spin all the way round.

Romeoisgraham

Mr Harris
Aug 14, 2007
On the run
public.fotki.com
I just called W. Livingstone Ltd in Glasgow, I spoke to the Parts guy who was very helpful.

He said on his system it suggests that all the leons wing mirrors have the motor inside to fold them in. I asked if it was just a case of buying the control unit (on the drivers door to enable the joystick to rotate) and connecting it up. He said Yes it should be.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
I just called W. Livingstone Ltd in Glasgow, I spoke to the Parts guy who was very helpful.

He said on his system it suggests that all the leons wing mirrors have the motor inside to fold them in. I asked if it was just a case of buying the control unit (on the drivers door to enable the joystick to rotate) and connecting it up. He said Yes it should be.

That is useful and I may be able to get a control unit.
Can still stick in car even if does nothing, will look good and fool some people.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise