Forge Split R - A Rough Guide

Nov 7, 2009
I dont have a split r, but i have ran a gfb hybrid bov which is more or less the same as the split r and even on a standard map can flutter quietly on normal driving. But then agen each car is different

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
Update:

Been a few weeks on the car now... and no ill effects at all... still running fine, boosting as hard as ever and no limp mode :)

Going to get it plugged into vagcom soon, but i know i wont get any leak codes.

Still PSSHing (not a word i know) as ever.. after the car "settled" it started doing it more.

d3m0niTe

LCR 225
Jun 21, 2010
Bromley, Kent
Interesting guide and after watching a vid on youtube of an LCR with a split R fitted I definitely want one. I Have noticed though, most of the chaps on here who are apparently successfully running split Rs are driving LCs and not LCRs.

Maybe it’s coincidence. Can anyone tell me if the LCR is more prone to the limp mode lottery than the LC?

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
after speaking to Forge, they said as long as you a sensible with the tuning doesnt matter... its all about leaking the "right" levels of boost and recircing the required amounts.

Its more successful on mapped cars than standard...

d3m0niTe

LCR 225
Jun 21, 2010
Bromley, Kent
That's true. I'm hunting for a cheap one on ebay. Hopefully I can get it to work following the guide. Worst case scenario I have to switch it to full recirc like you say.

Feb 20, 2010
ipswich
I have a baileys dv30 at the moment which most people dont seem to like so I'm toying with the idea of either

007 or a split r, I'm guess split r is only for a bit of noise

Also is it worth cold side relocating them ??

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.