FRONT BRAKE PAD HELP

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I don't really understand the need to advise avoiding 'crap Brembo' brake parts, when I have previously recommended them in this thread?

I had Brembo discs and pads on my Leon for 1000's of miles. I have previously had their discs and pads on other vehicles with no problems. And a quick internet search doesn't find any alarming bad reviews of Brembo parts that would suggest they should be avoided.

If you can get OEM parts for cheaper that is fair enough, but if not, I wouldn't hesitate using Brembo again.
I test brakes for a living - its not my opinion that Brembo pads are crap - its our test results. (mainly performance & wear)
You can get much better pads for the same price - or similar pads for a lot cheaper price.
There are examples of Brembo pads having to be taken off/replaced even on this forum due to the shim thickness issue I have mentioned several times.

Reactions: Leonfrdiesel184

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
True mate I am starting to have a coronary lol lol one thing I have picked up is to look for Hugh carbon discs and r90 in pads lol
Suggestion was look for High carbon & R90 for discs.
R90 for discs mandates a tighter geometric tolerance (better machining)
All pads applicated to vehicles since 1999 have to have R90.

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
I test brakes for a living - its not my opinion that Brembo pads are crap - its our test results. (mainly performance & wear)
You can get much better pads for the same price - or similar pads for a lot cheaper price.
There are examples of Brembo pads having to be taken off/replaced even on this forum due to the shim thickness issue I have mentioned several times.
Hi mate which overall pads would you recommend on your honest opinion I have heard textar that are supposed to be good or would you really only recommend oe ones thanks mate

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Suggestion was look for High carbon & R90 for discs.
R90 for discs mandates a tighter geometric tolerance (better machining)
All pads applicated to vehicles since 1999 have to have R90.
Hi mate I am a step closer got a good deal on standard silver coated High carbon brembo discs I was going to get the brembo pads to match ?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I don't think that it is fair and/or reasonable to ask anyone to specify the exact parts that you should be buying, the next thing that could happen is that if you or your mechanic mess up this brake change/service, then public finger pointing can end up kicking off.

Asking for general advice is okay, but not down to the exact ebay listing etc, well that is how I think of this.

As you have already said that you don't know anything about brakes etc, why don't you let the workshop that you will be handing your car into to pick what they are comfortable with fitting?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hi mate thanks again do you have the link for the ebay listing and also sorry to ask could you provide any links to recommended discs that are high carbon etc thanks again
Search 5Q0698151AH in ebay. One for £57+ postage.

Brembo/Textar/Pagid/Bosch/Delphi discs are fine but I would say the best aftermarket discs are
ATE 24.0125-0158.1
Galfer B1.G225-0158.1
Pilenga V233
Zimmerman 100.3300.20

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Search 5Q0698151AH in ebay. One for £57+ postage.

Brembo/Textar/Pagid/Bosch/Delphi discs are fine but I would say the best aftermarket discs are
ATE 24.0125-0158.1
Galfer B1.G225-0158.1
Pilenga V233
Zimmerman 100.3300.20
Thank you again for all your help and advice throughout this post mate I really appreciate it

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
I don't think that it is fair and/or reasonable to ask anyone to specify the exact parts that you should be buying, the next thing that could happen is that if you or your mechanic mess up this brake change/service, then public finger pointing can end up kicking off.

Asking for general advice is okay, but not down to the exact ebay listing etc, well that is how I think of this.

As you have already said that you don't know anything about brakes etc, why don't you let the workshop that you will be handing your car into to pick what they are comfortable with fitting?
I see what your saying mate I only wanted to get advice and what I thought the forum was for. My local garage are very good and when asked rate brembo stuff extremely highly so much so that they try and only fit there stuff when they can. I just wanted help and opinions mate and never would I hold anyone accountable, It is me who acts on that advice I am not forced so I wouldn't be like that. Cheers for your help on this post mate

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I don’t use eBay for pads/discs and many other parts, 1. If incorrect massive pain to return, 2. Many workshops will nor allow customer supplied parts, too much hassle if warranty work is required, if you were happy with the braking performance before they wore out, stick to Seat oe?

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Please don't wait for the brake pad wear warning. As the sensor is usually on one pad you have no way of knowing if any other pad has enough material left, especially on the inner side that you can't easily check.
This if from my A45s, outer-inner front right-hand side, no warning light yet:
a45s_front_right_pads_outter_innerf.JPEG

a45s_front_right_pads_outter_inner.JPEG

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise