Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Run away to the shed.....
17041218492076562990818909737606.jpg

Where do I start....

Reactions: iammooks

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Got manifold & downpipe ceramic coated on the Ibiza & made a big difference to engine bay temp. Definitely worth doing. Apparently there’s 2 different types & the one that is left to cure naturally is meant to be far better than the oven baked stuff. Also cut some vents in at shortly after so now need to relocate battery to boot (which would have done anyway but now it’s below vent it 100% needs doing). Got a local to me motorsport garage to baffle my sump as the only place offering it for my engine has discontinued. Said it was a pig to do but was under £200 to get done. Can’t remember exact amount but was definitely less that I was expecting. Certainly worth having a phone around though if off the shelf is silly money

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Got manifold & downpipe ceramic coated on the Ibiza & made a big difference to engine bay temp. Definitely worth doing. Apparently there’s 2 different types & the one that is left to cure naturally is meant to be far better than the oven baked stuff. Also cut some vents in at shortly after so now need to relocate battery to boot (which would have done anyway but now it’s below vent it 100% needs doing). Got a local to me motorsport garage to baffle my sump as the only place offering it for my engine has discontinued. Said it was a pig to do but was under £200 to get done. Can’t remember exact amount but was definitely less that I was expecting. Certainly worth having a phone around though if off the shelf is silly money
what sort of cost for the ceramic coating of the exhaust.

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
I paid £150 by a place near Norwich. That’s for turbo too. They were recommended by a mate that’s got a couple of race cars & a rally car. He was working somewhere else & had just started on his own so unsure what his current prices would be but can get mate to ask the question

Reactions: tracktoy

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Are you going to install some sort of swirl pot / surge tank? I have issues with my LPFP on long right handlers with less than half a tank that I need to sort & this is one of my options. Annoyingly can’t find an uprated in tank pump for my car & really don’t want a full on fuel cell as car is still road legal & the noise from the external pumps would get on my tits

Reactions: Manic172

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Are you going to install some sort of swirl pot / surge tank? I have issues with my LPFP on long right handlers with less than half a tank that I need to sort & this is one of my options. Annoyingly can’t find an uprated in tank pump for my car & really don’t want a full on fuel cell as car is still road legal & the noise from the external pumps would get on my tits

I have and will be running a 60l fuel cell. That has a built in trap door style swirl pot.
What does help surging is to foam fill the tank. May help. But with gravity and
Centerfrugal force it would still send the fuel to the ends of the tank.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net

I will get them ceramic coated,it's just trying to find a company who has good write uo or recommendations. As the main company seams to be zirotec. But they have loads and loads of bad reviews. I found another call autocratic I think it was. They do ceramic for the exhaust etc. But also flocking for the dash..
As for moving the battery it's going in to the passenger foot we'll area due to mainly keeping the weight towards the front . As you know on a fwd that's where the traction is so née the weight there. No need to hold the rears wheels down.🫣

Bluepower

May 1, 2016
I paid £150 by a place near Norwich. That’s for turbo too. They were recommended by a mate that’s got a couple of race cars & a rally car. He was working somewhere else & had just started on his own so unsure what his current prices would be but can get mate to ask the question
150 for manifold and turbo hotside?? Thats a very decent price!

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Ok cool. I can’t fit fuel cell as at moment can JUST fit spare set of wheels in back so can drive to track & have both wets & slicks with me. I trailer in UK but we make a road trip of it when doing the European circuits.

Think gonna have to admit defeat & get a swirl pot. At least if I get one with separate pump it can be mounted in line rather than in tank so can put somewhere the sound won’t be so annoying

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
This is the chap I’m going to use for doing my dash. It’s on my to do list but having had the engine cr@p itself, then the gearbox & now the mech has gone, it keeps getting pushed down the priorities. I’m too impatient to wait til car is 100% before doing track days so been gradually working through it

seems to do a random array of stuff & only positive reviews

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
I used aerocoat in Yarmouth last time. Excellent service at the time but had a few mates moan about quality lately. They used the cheaper type of ceramic coat but it was all that was available at the time. Person I used this time had only just started but was super helpful. He’s based near wroxham in Norfolk. I’ve messaged my mate for details so will post up or PM you once he replies

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
ah ok makes sense. assume you've got corner scales for setting it all up anyway once done?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise