Got my Porsche reps back from powder coaters *NOW FITTED* UPDATE

juneau

Dec 29, 2010
Midlands
ahhh cheers paul,you made that easy enough lol what have you lowered your car on? Has it affected the ride at all in a negative way? Very nice car btw =D

paul26982

Dont let the misus reply lol

No honestly its not bad at all, was well supprised, just comon sense to now drive into big pot holes etc,

the misus just said if its a nice car get it bought, her problem is she has it in her head to be over cautious with speed humps, kurbs holes etc, but i tell her to chill out, not bad at all, thanks for the kind words

Deleted member 12147

Never let the missus drive ur baby lol. I made that mistake when these rims were in anthracite and as she was just pulling off our drive she curbed one:cry: luckily I'd only paid £20 a rim for the refurb then. Now they've been redone she ain't got a chance of getting behind the wheel :ban:

paul26982

to be honest she is fantastic with the car, just has it in her head to be over cautious, she has comon sense and she isnt a problem what so ever, just she would relax about the situation alittle

juneau

Dec 29, 2010
Midlands
i cudnt do that lol i wont allow anyone to drive my car,id av a panic attack lol so is it on coillies or springs?

paul26982

Coilovers, dont know an exact hieght, people say its really low but others on the inter web say shame you cant get it lower' Beats me lol

juneau

Dec 29, 2010
Midlands
thats the problem you always get from the community though, because there so many different people who like different styles and you cant please them all. all cars look amazing with the sills scraping the floor but for the guys who like performance know thats just not practical.
i personally think your height is spot on and is a nice compromise of the two ;D

paul26982

thanks, i like the height too, i just reply saying' at the end of a day its a daily, the misus drives it, i have 2 children, suits spot on

PID

Mar 25, 2010
corbridge northumberland
thats wat it looked like its not a cupra just a 1,6 duno why i ever got rid but i do regret

allsorts023.jpg
[/IMG]

and this is how it stands now

snow4.jpg
[/IMG]

Deleted member 12147

I do like that style twist (esp on the mk4 ibiza) but I think the R32 rims fill the leons huge arches better than the twists you had.

Deleted member 12147

Most of what is on the car was on it when I bought it. It used to be Zboyds old car I think he had most of the work carried out on it.

It's running revo stage 2
miltek sports cat and miltek cat back
forge FMIC, TIP and dv
eibach coilovers -50mm
neuspeed front and rear ARB's

then the usual stuff like boost and oil pressure gauges
n249 bypass
uprated discs and pads
jetex cone filter
n75 race valve.

I'm happy with it ATM they only thing I wanna do or change is the tints could do with being redone and I want to sell the miltek exhaust system, I want a turbo back sys.

I think you'll be happy going from a 1.6 to a cupra.

you getting a cupra or cupra r?

Last edited by a moderator:

PID

Mar 25, 2010
corbridge northumberland
looking to buy one in sept like av got a buyer sorted for mine like so just need to sort insurance and find a car like insurance is the biggest killer like ,
sounds nice urs mate i lover them like they just look evil from the front with the cupra r bumpers on them like .

Deleted member 12147

Yeah insurance is a pain in the ar*e. Mines due in march, not looking forward to the renewal as I've read loads of posts saying everyones is goin up. I pay £440 ATM

Deleted member 12147

I'm 29 with 10 years ncb that's why mine aint too bad, could be lower. Don't know much bout the tdi's though.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.