GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

sialdo

Jun 9, 2010
Chester
Seat belt warning and unlock/lock chirp sorted.

Tried as well to get front fog to come on when turning left/right with indicator, but doesn't want to work.

Also did brake and hazard flash but not sure if that working.

I have 2007 FR.

damienwright

Ok chaps. I have an 07 plate Leon 1.9TDI reference and I have made a small mistake while trying to play with the 44-Steering Assist settings.
I inadvertently seem to have reset them to defaults and now I am getting a steering warning light on the dash and the following error :-

Friday,20,August,2010,15:09:39:13050
VCDS Version: Release 10.6.0 (x64)

Address 44: Steering Assist Labels: 1Kx-909-14x.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 1K2 909 144 L
Component and/or Version: EPS_ZFLS Kl.077 H07 1806
Software Coding:
Work Shop Code: WSC 06402 785 00200
VCID: 354FF290252A
1 Fault Found:

02546 - Steering Limit Stop
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
Freeze Frame:
Mileage: 46360 km
Temperature: 23.0°C
Voltage: 11.90 V
Voltage: 11.70 V

Anyone know what I have done or how to reset the correct values back into the controller ?

Best regards,

Damien.

damienwright

Ok chaps. I have an 07 plate Leon 1.9TDI reference and I have made a small mistake while trying to play with the 44-Steering Assist settings.
I inadvertently seem to have reset them to defaults and now I am getting a steering warning light on the dash and the following error :-

Friday,20,August,2010,15:09:39:13050
VCDS Version: Release 10.6.0 (x64)

Address 44: Steering Assist Labels: 1Kx-909-14x.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 1K2 909 144 L
Component and/or Version: EPS_ZFLS Kl.077 H07 1806
Software Coding:
Work Shop Code: WSC 06402 785 00200
VCID: 354FF290252A
1 Fault Found:

02546 - Steering Limit Stop
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
Freeze Frame:
Mileage: 46360 km
Temperature: 23.0°C
Voltage: 11.90 V
Voltage: 11.70 V

Anyone know what I have done or how to reset the correct values back into the controller ?

Best regards,

Damien.

Answered my own question :)
cant post the url but info is on ross-tech wiki under /wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_(1K)_Steering_Assist#Special_Procedures

chisel

Jan 15, 2006
Leon FR/Cupra/Cupra R MY11 is gettin Hill Hold as standard on board.

I drive Cupra MY10 and I wonder if you can switch on hill hold by vag (If I have one ofcourse :p)

cheers.

don't you have to be going at a really fast speed and slam on so the ABS is on for at least 2 seconds? I imagine it'd be hard to test out, wouldn't fancy volunteering :p
It's not the ABS. The lights will flash if EBA (Emergency Brake Assist, I think) is activated. This happens when the car detects you switching faster than usual from accelerator to brake and applying strong brake pressure... as you would do in an emergency, in other words. The car automatically applies maximum braking pressure possible without triggering ABS and puts the emergency flashers on for a few seconds afterwards. I've only ever had it happen once, in my FR when a tractor pulled out in front of me on a country road and there was another car coming the other way. Scary stuff but it works well to stop you asap - feels like your eyes are popping out of your head in fact. ;)

Last edited:

PompeyPete

Like a Golf, But more fun
Sep 20, 2010
Southampton
picasaweb.google.com
Hi, I WANT THIS AVAILABLE TO ME NOW......!!!!!!! But i'm scared, Is it really over $1000 dollers to get this up and running??? Please help as i am new to the whole concept of plugging my car into one of Bill Gate's money making machines....Odd!! BUT GOOOOOOOD.............!!!!

PompeyPete

Like a Golf, But more fun
Sep 20, 2010
Southampton
picasaweb.google.com
I can explain my issue better if you visit the ross tech website and click on the downloads tab.....:

Look how many downloads there are to choose from.!!!! This is the bit that i struggle to understand. I have ordered a cable off of the Bay tonight so i am serious about having a tinker....just the final hurdle in respect of which software i need to downlaod.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I have this one: VAG COM USB DIAGNOSTIC CABLE 409.1 OBD2 II LEAD VAG-COM. It comes with a driver disc and is blue in colour.

As Andrew says, you need a cable compatible with CAN-BUS to connect to the leon mk2. Aditionally, a cable like that will only run old software, and you will not be able to change any settings, just read faults and clear faults.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members