GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hi All ,

Wondered if somebody can give me some assistance got a VCDS Cable the other day i go into 46-Central C and then go to Coding , it then gives me a drop down menu so i select the bottom option and i see the following screen
46.jpg

All as i want to do is have Alarm Bleep on for Unlock and Lock aswell as the Blinking indicators and TURN OFF Selective Locking

Now my understanding of this coding is that if its a 0 then its Turned OFF , so from that Selective Locking is already turned off :confused: but its definetly not

What code needs to be in there instead of 00000000

BTW 2008 58 , FR TDI PD170 if that makes a difference

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Sok done it now , i selected the other option on drop dowm menu and went into long code helper and ticked some boxes easy peasy :)

Does anybody know what Emergency Brake flash does?

Emergency Brake Flash
Im am not sure this features works, I have the option, but does not seem to activate on mine, may be a model year dependant feature.

Module 09 - Cent. Elects.
Coding
Byte 17
Bit 0 - emergency brake flash light active

Last edited:

dmkay_80

Mar 23, 2010
Durham
Hi, Great post!
Ive been trying to put the beep on when i lock/unlock my car but it wont let me.
I can scan foe error codes & clear them but it wont let me change codes. It did let me change the headlight coming home code tho.
Help please!

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
give us more info. which version of vag-com. what do you mean you are trying to change codes?

dmkay_80

Mar 23, 2010
Durham
I have vagcom 704.1
I can scan & clear error codes & it let me change the headlight setting in long coding but it wont let me change anything else like beep on locking. It brings up a box saying i need a licensed version. I dont get why i could change the headlight settings but nothing else

dmkay_80

Mar 23, 2010
Durham
Thanks anyway. I cant really afford a licensed version as well as remap & poss exhaust & intake so it will have to wait.

MadsenTDi

Dec 8, 2009
Denmark
DanGB -> after installation of oem xenons on my car, the bulbs seem to "flicker" when i start my car. They work just fine when engine is off, but as soon as i start the car, they flicker like hell. Is this something that can be corrected in the CAN system?

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
After setting the auto window open/close function, I tried with the remote, but it doesn't work.
It works when I turn the key in the lock though.
Is there something else I need to do?

Also, my boot unlock button on the remote has never worked since I got the car. Can I turn this feature on via VCDS?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
If I remember correctly, the mirrors dont fold on mine, but the windows go up, cant remember if it works on the remote pre 07 though.

not sure on the boot unlock thing, I think it should work., Never use it myself.

ragz

Mar 21, 2010
is there a uk distributor for the vag com or am i better off getting it from ross tech
quite fancy the pro kit

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.