GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

steve01

I have a 55 reg 1.9 tdi leon stylance
search for this ref number ■Manufacturer Ref: DBD7A45C4A8A

There is a guy on ebay selling the same thing for £50 + delivery cost. got mine from a site called chinavasion I would put a link up for you but havent made enough posts yet so the site wont let me.

Adam180

May 26, 2008
Northern Ireland
silly question im sure but to any of these adaptions work on a mk 3 ibiza cupra
BOSCH ME7.5 ecu?
would like to weight the steering a bit more and have the window up funtion added, and the beep when locking
cheers
oh and the home safe lights were they stay on for a few seconds while u get into the house

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hi All

Moving from a MK4 Ibiza soon to a MK2 Leon FR TDI (Pre-Facelift)

Ive got a Full copy of Vag-Com 311.2 , Which works perfectly with my MK4 Ibiza , MK1 Fabia and MK1 Leon

Will i be able to make adaptions using 311.2 to the MK2 Leon? (ie. Alarm Bleep , Auto Locking/Unlocking doors and No Selective Unlocking) Ive already seen that the Leon 1P platform is not in the list to run a fault code scan

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I have a 55 reg 1.9 tdi leon stylance
search for this ref number ■Manufacturer Ref: DBD7A45C4A8A

There is a guy on ebay selling the same thing for £50 + delivery cost. got mine from a site called chinavasion I would put a link up for you but havent made enough posts yet so the site wont let me.

Has anybody else used or got one of these Chinavision cables? as i said above i bought an ebay special KKL cable for me ibiza and its worked perfectly

I carnt really justify paying the Ross Tech prices for VCDS as really all as i want it for is to make some adaptions and scan occasionally for errors , unlike others i dont do logs etc

GunnerCP

Jul 24, 2009
London
Has anybody else used or got one of these Chinavision cables? as i said above i bought an ebay special KKL cable for me ibiza and its worked perfectly

I carnt really justify paying the Ross Tech prices for VCDS as really all as i want it for is to make some adaptions and scan occasionally for errors , unlike others i dont do logs etc

I think you'll struggle to find any decent software for any third party cable...... I looked into it already.

Vcds wouldn't work with it as it wouldnt recognise the interface most likely.

Just bite the bullet and get Ross Tech. Stick it on your xmas list!

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Is it possible to off via vag com the headlight warning light?

Because i got home this morning , forgot to turn ligths off and got out , and then realised

On me old ibiza it used to "ding ding" like mad which meant i never forgot

So im thinking the old owner has had it turned off?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
How silly is that if the "knob" is turned to side lights yes it does ding

If its turned to the next setting then it doesnt ding

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
its due to the coming home lights function, if the coming home lights are disabled and the leaving home lights then there is a ding when the lights are left on dipped beam.

I know this because this i had the "ding ding" until i enabled the coming home lights.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Yes its a feature called the coming home lights, I think its good. They automatically go off after a certain amount of time that can be set.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Im still learning what all these MFD functions do , Didnt have them on the ibiza

What doesnt help is i havent got a bl00dy manual for the car so i carnt even read up

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members