Gutless 1.4 16v sport 2002 plate

carl325

Oct 4, 2009
Hi,
Is it just me or does anyone else with a 1.4 16v SE sport think that their car is a bit underpowered? I mean it has 100 bhp and it feels ever so slow to me.Is this a common thing with these engines or would the miles on my car being 90,000 have a bearing on it's slow performance??

Can anyone suggest anything, i know it's not going to tear up the tarmac but it feels Slow!

Cheers:(

klimite

give it a good service matey that might help, or maybe the previous owners have simply just worn it out through bad driving though, or, it might just be you :p

carl325

Oct 4, 2009
it was serviced 5000 miles ago.Think i may just need to adjust my driving style! It does go ok after 3500 rpm.Are these engines restricted very much?

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
keep the revs above 3.5k then :) its 16v petrol motor, they need spinning.

simples!

Littleleigh

Got the same 100bhp, but i wouldnt say its slow, what have you done to it (modified)? iv done about 20k in mine. (Perhaps its psycological, Get an exaust and IK lol)

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
Why bother, then you will go slow and arrive with a headache :)

The 1.4 16V is OK, but it does need to be thrashed to make the most of what its got.

The Diesel model really takes some beating, and can have their power output and more importanltly torque output increased with a remap.

Plus I get 58 MPG fom mine.

Conks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members