HID H1 High Beam Help

gib20vt

May 11, 2008
Cumbria
I have H1 bulbs for both dipped and full beam, I am thinking of getting a set of HIDs....good places to buy??

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Well i have been back to check them today, and bulbd was on for 1 minute, it flickered a few times, then went out! :(

So is it a duff bulb peeps???

Can't drive the car now until i find out what it is :(

Rich

Try swapping your bulbs or ballasts side to side and see if the problem follows the bulb or ballast.

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Yeah swapped ballast this morning...

and the good bulb that was working fine, started flickering, so obvisouly a problem with the ballast....

the guy on ebay was checking im not canbus, which im not, and will then set up an RMA, just hope i don't have to pay the postage! :(

Rich

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Yeah swapped ballast this morning...

and the good bulb that was working fine, started flickering, so obvisouly a problem with the ballast....

the guy on ebay was checking im not canbus, which im not, and will then set up an RMA, just hope i don't have to pay the postage! :(

Rich

Didn't get chance to get any pic's this weekend, the weather was total sh$%e!

Will get them when I can, and post them up.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
I have angel eyes on mine, and both bulbs are H1's I was shocked too lol

<Alan Partridge voice on> Aha <Alan Partridge voice off>

If you haven't already have a look for the various threads about the modifications needed to get the bulbs to fit into the holders...

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
dmmsta any luck with photos....

when taking my HIDS out to send back, i found out what you mean when someone said the tray under the lights gets wet!

Where do i put my ballasts on that side :(

xnox202

1M ST-TLD
Apr 15, 2008
Brunei Darussalam
I don't know about getting the ballasts wet, but aren't they supposed to be waterproof? Unless they're submerged or something then I know that'll probably short out the ballasts.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent

when taking my HIDS out to send back, i found out what you mean when someone said the tray under the lights gets wet!

Sorry mate, nothing as yet...has been a mental couple of weeks...

I have both ballasts in that tray, and have never had an issue!!

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com

You can put them on that tray, you just need to make sure water can't collect in it - i took the tray out and drilled loads of holes in the end nearest the wing as that seemed to be the worst part for it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise